“If you like Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the place to stay when you visit Gettysburg. Off the path just enough to not be a pain to get to when traffic is bad. Also very close to the highway for easy travels. I was on the top floor, it was very quite, the room was like most other Hampton Inn rooms, but mine had a Fire Place in it. Very nice feature, but who needs a fire place in April? Well it just so happens that the second week of April 2014 it actually snowed a tiny bit, however the temps dropped into the 20's that night. So althought the Fire Place is on a timer, it was still nice and toasty for the 15 minutes it was on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Gettysburg

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am usually a big fan of the Hampton Brand - great rates, huge rooms, the most comfortable beds of any chain, solid breakfasts and usually outstanding hospitality. In recent years, the 'hospitality' has become to mean more to me than other amenities. If you are in the hospitality business, it should be JOB#1. I can forgive lapses in the other areas. On our recent arrival, we arrived a tad early (1:30 on a Saturday and inquired if we could check-in. We were told that "our room" was not ready yet. I thought it strange that with 80 rooms and 90 minutes away from check-in that "a" room was not available, but we hadn't had lunch and could check out the downtown and come back in a couple of hours. When we arrived back at 5, after a 'polite' but unremarkable check-in we were given the keys to "our" room. Now, I am a Silver level club member and made the reservation almost 3 months in advance, so I thought maybe the room would have a 'benefit', but "our room" turned out to be one of a blocked' view -- the one directly above the lobby facing the concrete facing of the entrance archway. Not that the view would be remarkable -- it would be a strip mall, but this blocked 98% of all outside light. I think this is a strange view for a long time Hilton/Hampton member. Additionally, the check-in 'perk' (snack, water) was not offered -- the first time this has happened. Otherwise, the room was very comfortable with a great rate ($118). The breakfast was sparsest of any recent Hampton stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above lobby - view is blocked by concrete entrance archway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JandK1958
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the pleasure of spending a night in the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg PA, last week. I chose this hotel because of it's location and also because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. The location was perfect - only a short drive into historic Gettysburg. The staff there is very professional and couldn't have been more helpful. Our room, which was a family suite was perfect for 3 friends traveling together. We each had our own bed and the rooms were very nice.There are 2 doubles in one room and a king bed in another room. The room was very clean and had all of the comforts of home. The microwave and small refrigerator were a great addition, even though we didn't use either of them, since it was just an overnight trip.

The room was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. I loved the signs that said that the duvet covers were washed between customers. That's always a concern I have about the bedspreads at hotels, so it was a relief to read that. The bathroom was spotless and had lots of extra towels and washcloths, as well as toiletries.

The breakfast buffet was the standard fare for most of the Hampton Inn breakfasts, and that's actually a compliment. It had everything that you could want for breakfast, and could satisfy any appetite big or small. There were cereals, oatmeal, eggs, toast, bagels, a waffle maker, coffee, tea, juices, etc. The breakfast area just off of the main lobby, was very comfortable and kept very clean.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice place to stay at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: The family suites are great. One room has 2 Double beds and the other room has a King size bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Gettysburg Hampton Inn is much like other HI's I've stayed at. This one is a tad nicer, perhaps. The rooms are large and include a microwave and fridge. The breakfast is unexciting, but offers more than enough option to satisfy one for breakfast. The staff is helpful and friendly.

If there's a complaint it's not due to the hotel itself. The area is certainly not scenic--it sits across from a large service station and is near various strip malls. It's not immediately adjacent to the Gettysburg Battlefield, so those seeking to avoid the roughly half-hour drive may want to find quarters a tad closer. It's roughly an equal distance to the downtown square. But that's no big deal for me.

All in all, a reasonable choice for those seeking a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My family and I stayed there for one night, but wished we had done another. The staff was very helpful and quick in getting us to our room. Actually everything was ready when we checked in and we went right up to our room. The room was very spacious and very clean. I was very impressed and felt very comfortable. The pillows and the beds were AMAZING, wish I could have left with them :) I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Gettysburg, you will not be disappointed. Oh yes and the complimentary breakfast was delicious, after we went back up to our room we actually came back down to enjoy another plate of food. Very Very satisfied and happy that I experienced this hotel along with the history in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Our heating unit blew out frigid air, then hot air....never comfortable. The room was very small and the bottom sheet did not stay in place making the bed uncomfortable. Breakfast was similar to most Hampton offerings.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Other than bed and breakfasts there is no high end hotel in Gettysburg. So there's not much choice. This place is right on route 30 and near a strip mall. It's clean and provides a mediocre precooked breakfast. The suite we had had a large living room with fireplace that was sparsely furnished. Everything else about this place is what you would expect in this price range. No good or bad suprises.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple