“Reservations ... Not Here!”

Inn at Cemetery Hill
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Reservations ... Not Here!”
Reviewed 24 June 2004

I made a reservation at this hotel over the Internet and even received an email confirming my reservation. A month later, I received a phone call from the hotel manager (with a real NASTY attitude) telling me that my hotel reservation was invalid as I had put in the wrong year on my hotel reservations. She told me that I had put in the previous year's date. I didn't and the Travelodge email confirming my reservation didn't. Clearly the system just malfunctioned by overbooking and the manager decided it best to call people and pick on them. I found the experience to be distasteful, rude, and very poor business practice. She didn't call me to apologize, but to harass me! And it was their fault! If they can't honor a reservation, they shouldn't confirm it. Bottom line - Gettysburg has a multitude of lodging choices, many within walking distance of this place and I wouldn't spend my time or money at the Travelodge after this one experinece with them. Not

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 11 March 2004

This is a great hotel and at a great location in Gettysburg. Very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly. Best of all, it is within walking distance of all the big Gettysburg attractions. Highly recommended.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2003

The motel was more than I expected! Clean rooms, friendly service, quiet and comfortable. If you decide to stay in Gettysburg, it is in the center of town and close to everything. Take the Dayton to Washington, DC tour...excellant! A very enjoyable experience.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glenwood Landing, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2003

This hotel advertised no fee for pets. We left and they didn't check the room while we were there as promised but instead sent us a letter saying they charged our credit card $50 for pet hair.
If you accept pets I think pet hair is a given,Plus we have a photo
from the night before we left and you can see the carpet and it's not
exactly covered with hair. We have proof it was the night before so
that's not an issue. The rooms were only moderately clean when we
checked in but we took care of our own garbage and everything. If you
are going to charge anyway don't advertise "no fee for pets" to
encourage people to coem to your hotel and then find some way to charge
them anyway.