“Great Gettysburg PA destination!”

A Sentimental Journey Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My Children and I stayed at A Sentimental Journey B&B this past April. The place is a treasure trove of interesting memorabilia! It is kept very clean and my kids said the beds were so comfortable. The rooms were all a very nice size and decorated beautifully It's in a fantastic location within easy walking distanec to town and many attractions. The owners of this B&B are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They're very friendly and accommodating. We arrived at 10pm and they couldn't have been nicer about getting us in the house. They can tell you anything you need or want to know about Gettysburg and go the extra distance to make your stay comfortable and memorable. It's a 5 star accommodation at a very affordable price. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My mother and I came for the weekend. We had separate rooms with a jack and Jill bathroom connecting it. Barbara and her husband run it and could not be nicer. I asked if I could open a window and she got me a fan to air out my bedroom. The location is right in town next to the Rupp house a free museum, which is worth a look. There is parking in the back. Prior to arriving Barbara insisted that we use a licensed guide when touring the battlefield. She setup us up with Chris Brenneman, who drove my car around the battlefield. It was an excellent tour as we had our own guide for less then a bus tour would have cost. It was $55 + tip. Chris is really into the battle and is subject matter expert. You get a sense of the thoughts behind the monuments throughout the battlefield. We really saw a lot in one day by staying at a Sentimental journey.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Barbara was a great Hostess, helped us feel quite at home. We enjoyed the privacy, the freedom to come and go. The small kitchen that was set aside for anyone to partake of snacks, beverages and goodies. My husband picked the best room which I loved for it had the old fashioned bath tub, and I enjoyed the warm baths and relaxation. Everything was well organized, the rooms were awesome and we would recommend this to anyone coming in the Gettysburg area for any type of week or weekend stay.

Room Tip: The back room and straight ahead which was teh La Belle Epoque was quiet, we did not hear the traffi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This B&B is lovely, perhaps the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The owners are friendly and helpful and couldn't have been more welcoming. Barbara went above and beyond to help us out when we arrived.
The rooms are lovely: clean, comfortable and decorated in beautiful period style (a different period in each room). The kitchen is always open for you to help yourself to hot drinks or a snack. I can't recommend the B&B too highly!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My teen daughter and I came to visit Gettysburg as part of her school report, and we had the incredible fortune to book our stay at this B&B! The host and hostess, Barbara and Steve, welcomed us like old friends, and the house and rooms were stunning. Different theme rooms take you back into various eras, with an abundance of authentic memorabilia and décor. It's clear that this is their passion ... everywhere you look is one more delight! Having grown up with WWII-era parents, it was like stepping back in time and coming home again! The upstairs kitchen was open 24/7, with everything from muffins and fresh fruit, to yogurt, hot chocolate and popcorn. There was also plenty of support for our electronic companions, too, with an abundance of polarized outlets and fast and easy Wi-Fi! Add to that a super location in historic downtown Gettysburg with sightseeing just outside our front door, and this B&B is one incredible find!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked beautiful. We really enjoyed the 1st floor "Beautiful Dreamer", with...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry O
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here to have a quiet weekend after Thanksgiving and we were very pleased with the accommodations. Barbara is friendly, personable, yet unintrusive. She offered us help if we needed it, but we are seasoned travelers to Gettysburg so we already know our way around. Accomodations were clean and comfortable, and the help-yourself-at-any-hour-of-the-night kitchen came in handy. We were allowed peek into all the rooms not filled, and they are all charming in their own way. We will return as we have no complaints at all. This is not your typical B&B, however we prefer it that way. So much more than a hotel, but not as stuffy as most B&B's...thank you Barbara, for a lovely stay ~ we will be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This place will definitely exceed your expectations of what a B&B is supposed to be. The owners were some of the friendliest people we have ever met and made us feel right at home. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Our favorite part was they have a fully stocked kitchen that is open around the clock. You just help yourself to whatever is in there, no "continental breakfast from 8am-10am" here...it's like staying the weekend at grandmas house, minus having to see your grandma with her nightgown on. It's right on the main street and walking distance to so many things historical things, as well as the haunted attractions. We are definitely going to stay there again when we go back and I recommend this place to anyone planning a trip to Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Pick the Age of Chivalry...its super romantic and the lights from the inn across the street make for...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple