“Outdated and not very nice”

President Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The rooms were very outdated. TV was an old tube tv. No shampoo in shower. I tried to save $50 by staying in this hotel. I really should have spent the extra $50 for a more comfort. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool was not opened when I went. Bring your own shampoo!
1  Thank RobSchlackman
There are newer reviews for President Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 May 2013

stayed here for 1 night,we were travelling with my dog and we were here to see the Gettysburg battlefield Checkin was easy since we have reservations.They put us on the 3rd floor and it was not convenient to go in and out to walk my dog.This is just right next to the street.Old building,dirty carpet,old TV in the bedroom.Bed was comfy enough.Rooms needs an upgrade but what would you expect on an old building.I would stay somewhere else next time.Breakfast was so so..Cereal,coffee,toast.
Im not impressed at all,but only stayed the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shirley_122000
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Gettysburg, Pa. due to the great prices since we needed two rooms. The rooms were clean, the staff was wonderful and asked us all the time if there was anything we needed. Friendly, helpful and attentive to our needs. It could use a little update for the bedspreads and microwave, but the fact that it was so clean and neat, you overlooked those minor details. The hotel is minutes from everything in Gettysburg to see and enjoy. I would stay there again with no problem. You will not be disappointed staying at the Motel 6 in Gettysburg, Pa.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My Husband and I at the last minute wanted to do an overnight stay at Gettysburg most of the hotels and motels were booked but not Motel 6. I have to say it was a very nice stay and would do it again. Our bed was very comfortable and everything was great!

Room Tip: the pool was closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Motel 6 Gettysburg is one of Gettysburg's best kept secrets. The value is unmatched, the service is some of the best I've experienced, rooms are clean and the hotel is very quiet. My wife, my father-in-l stayed for the past few nights during an early vacation to our favorite small town. To be honest, for the cost I expected nothing more than a place to lay my head, but it was much more than this. I highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Gettysburg. Hotel is only a minute or two from town. My wife and I would not hesitate to stay here again...we truly enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We were looking for pricing and pets. We were allowed to have our dogs and it was a really good value. The room had an odd smell. Not bad, just a little off, but the first room service visit after we got there I stopped smelling it. The 'free breakfast' was just coffee and that sucked a little bit. Again, the price was right and location was great! It's not a 5 star hotel but I'm not in Gettysburg to see the rooms......

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here on an overnight trip in the middle of our Washington D.C. vacation. Our whole trip was done on a shoestring budget and the motel came in at a perfect $56 for the night! Naturally we assumed we would get what we paid for and didn't have high hopes, but we were completely taken by surprise!

The staff was very friendly and the room was incredible for the price. There was no lingering odors or questionable stains to worry about, everything was in perfect condition. We had a room with two queen beds. They slept very comfortably and even had cute historic looking headboards to add to the charm of the area.

The bathroom was well lit and very clean. The toilet required and extra jiggle to stop the water running, but we didn't mind. The place had a good selection of television channels and even gave us free internet.

There is an indoor pool that looked nice, but they had been working on it so it was closed.

In reading the reviews from the past year or so, I would guess that the place is under new ownership. Everything looks fresh and updated so it is a great place to stay, and for the price, it can't be beat.

In the morning when we thanked the manager for our wonderful stay, he even offered us a discount card to use on our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple