James Gettys Hotel
US$141
US$88
US$77
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$121
Great 4.5/5
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$119
Great 4.5/5
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
US$200
US$155
AscendHotels
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
Very Good 4/5
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$199
US$179
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsblue parrotmajestic suitecookiesunion hotelthe lord nelson suitecoffee cakebreakfast basketbaked goodsturn down servicefull size refrigeratorsmall apartmentliving room areacharming hotelwithin walking distanceeach eveningfourth floorheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My mom and I stayed at the James Getty the weekend of October 14th-16th. I have stayed here once before and really enjoyed it so I decided to visit this Bed and Breakfast again. I love the people who run the Bed and Breakfast! They are helpful, but not pushy. The room was beautiful and the muffins, fruit and banana bread for breakfast...yum! We also thoroughly enjoyed the cookies & chocolate they put in our rooms at night! This Bed and Breakfast is a great location!!

Room Tip: The only reason why the sleep quality received a 4/5 is because my bed at home is super soft... and I had a hard time falling asleep due to the bed being a little more firm than I like it. ...but the bed was very clean and as promised.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at the James Getty for a long Labor Day weekend, and it couldn't have been better. Perfectly clean, maintained, and cozy. Perfect location. Friendly staff. Loved having a kitchenette. We really will stay there every time we're in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I always select accommodations that are historic and convenient for walking; this hotel was the perfect choice. My husband and I recently stayed in the City Hotel Suite and I will agree with other reviewers that the traffic noise is loud all night. I didn't sleep well and I assume this was the reason because the bed was fine. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished, although not with period furniture. The bathroom was well-vented (no steamed up mirror) and the lighting was good. An investment in a flat screen tv would be nice. All of the staff I talked to were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, choose a room in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Stephanie0917, Manager at James Gettys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you for your review and suggestions. I first want to say that in no way does our facility ever advertise period furnishings. I addressed this in a previous response. We chose to be modern and comfortable. It is also hard to decorate with Civil War period furnishings when our building today has an exterior from the 1920's. We have too many time periods to be accurate and today's furnishings are much more comfortable.
We are located in downtown Gettysburg on a main street with traffic and businesses. We have triple pane windows and good insulation, but unfortunately we can not control the outside noise. Trust me, if we could we would! So your suggestion to choose a room on the back or even on the fourth floor is a great one.
New televisions are on the way. They are on our Christmas list for this year.! Purchasing 1 television is easy, purchasing 12 is an investment... So Thank you again for your review. I am glad you had a great visit to Gettysburg and I hope you will come back again some day soon.
Stephanie

Reviewed 22 October 2011

We love staying at this Bed and Breakfast. We go to stay at least 2 or 3 times a year.. We call it our home away from home. They make you feel like family. i love going to spend time but really hate to leave.

Room Tip: We have stayed in almost every one and loved them all.

Pat,
It is always great to have you and Joe stay with us. After being in business for over 15 years, we have become friends with many of our guests, actually even more like family. It is always nice to see a familiar face and get family updates. People like you make our job so easy.
Thanks again and we will see you in December.
Stephanie

Reviewed 19 October 2011

We are veterans of many trips to Gettysburg, but had never stayed at the James Gettys. For a special anniversary recently, we decided to treat ourselves. Wow - what a treat! The room was magnificent - huge, beautifully furnished and spotless. (We have paid a lot more for a lot less room, I will tell you that!) The staff even made "special arrangements" to have wine in the room upon our arrival. Every afternoon a basket of homemade goodies was delivered for breakfast the next morning....muffins and cookies and breads that I can still taste. Whatever we needed....reservations for dinner, directions to an attraction, suggestions for some place different to go....they were right there. We felt like we had the place to ourselves! The location is perfect for walking to too many places to mention. The James Gettys Hotel has spoiled us - I don't know how we will ever be able to stay anywhere else in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: We went all out and got the "Majestic Suite", the largest room in the hotel. I am sure the others are just as nice.