“The Gaslight Inn Rocks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Chester Springs, PA
“The Gaslight Inn Rocks”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

The Innkeepers are friendly, accommodating and helpful to the newcomer to Gettysburg. We stay there at least three times a year and find the inn to be quiet and inviting. The rooms are large and well appointed.The breakfasts are awesome as well. The dogs Toby, Oliver and newly arrived Gideon will welcome you with open paws. Until I move to Gettysburg, this is my stay of choice.

Room Tip: We prefer the Ivy Room, June Rose and Violet rooms. All are away from the street and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Riva, Maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2011

If you like B&B's, you can't go wrong with the Gaslight Inn. It is very clean, charming, spacious, reasonably priced, and the Innkeepers will make you feel right at home. My husband and I recently stayed for two nights and loved it. We felt as though we had stepped back in time, yet still enjoyed modern conveniences. If you are planning a trip to Gettysburg, I would definitely recommend this Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed mid-week and had the Inn practically to ourselves and therefore got to take a peek at all...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
GaslightGettyburg_PA, Owner at The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! Elizabeth and I are delighted you both had such a good experience in Gettysburg and at The Gaslight Inn. As you know, there is much more to see and we'll be here to welcome you.

Best regards,
Rebecca Hanson
Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2011

First, let me say that this isn't a luxury B & B--but it wasn't a luxury price, either. It costs a little more than the Hampton Inn, but the proximity to downtown Gettysburg and the great breakfast easily make up the difference. One reviewer complained about street noise, but we found it very quiet on this street. Some of the other B&B's are on very busy streets, but the Gaslight is on a side street. And, they include free parking, which is a great added bonus. We loved the steam shower, which was very easy to use and quite relaxing. The breakfast was generous in quantity and prepared very well (love that creme brulee french toast). You sit at one table with other guests and we enjoyed the morning conversation. It does seem that 9 is a little late for breakfast for adults. I know they offer a continental option if you need to get out earlier, but it looked to be cereal and milk. Our room (a deluxe room) was small and lacked a closet. Okay, if you're not going to have a closet--there was a wall rack in the corner of the room--at least use some matching attractive hangers. The room and common rooms were very clean and very well maintained. Unlike one other reviewer, I wasn't put off by the presence of signs, just wish they'd been a little nicer instead of the cheap plastic frames--I often see signs in B & B's and have been in several others that offer dark make-up removal towels (such a good idea!). The innkeepers were very nice and arranged a private battlefield tour for us (which is definitely the way to go) One big complaint, there was no hair dryer in the room! Yes, you can ask the innkeepers, but there was no one around at 10 pm, so pack your own or ask when you arrive. I had a great deal of difficulty connecting and staying connected to the internet (again, there is no one around in the evening). All in all, I'd stay here again and would recommend to others. I've stayed in nicer B & B's, but, for the most part, they cost more--this was a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Emigsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 August 2011

As a frequent visitor to Gettysburg I was more than surprised when I recently visited the Gaslight Inn. I had heard about it from friends but was a little amazed when I stayed there. It exceeded my expectations to be honest. Over the years I have stayed at most of the other Inns and Bed and Breakfast and would encourage others to give this Inn some consideration on your next trip to Gettysburg. The Inn Keepers were really great from the time we walked in until we left. The breakfast was awesome both mornings I was there. It's very convenient to downtown and the rooms were really nice; actually some of the nicest of any place I've stayed in a GETTYSBURG B&B. Rices were competitive. Overall a great experience.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We and our friends enjoyed a delightful two night stay at this spacious B&B, centrally located in easy walking distance to the center of town and Lincoln Square. The accommodations, all with private bath, were spacious, with comfortable beds, beautiful linens and well appointed private rooms and convenient guest parking . The central air conditioning worked so well despite the 90+ summer temperatures. Each morning we feasted on a delicious and bountiful breakfast, elegantly served on fine china. We also enjoyed a 24 hr. guest hospitality counter with hot and cold refreshments and cookies. The hosts were gracious and extremely helpful in recommending local tourist attractions and casual dining options.

Room Tip: If stair climbing is a challenge, must request a room on the main floor. Remaining rooms are located...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Very nice B&B and a great value. Enjoyed relaxing on the porches. We stayed in the Violet Room and it was bright, quiet and comfortable with room for a reading chair. The room and private bath were very clean. The Ivy Room also looked nice. Appreciated the free wifi and refreshments. Breakfasts were delicious and it was fun meeting other travelers. Good central location and walkable to the square.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here (Lily Room) for one evening while celebrating our 25th Anniversary. We would definitely stay again. The innkeeper was great! The Inn is absolutely beautiful and abounding in charm as well as comfort. The room was very nice with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace (and even a ceiling fan - something we usually really miss when away from home), comfortable bed, complimentary drinks and cookies in the main dining room and a breakfast that was far above the average breakfast fare - absolutely delicious! Really liked the location as well... off the main roads, but a short walk to many shops, restaurants and the square. Can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this Inn. Tim and Donna O'Keeffe

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple