“Great place to stay in Gettysburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Victoria, B.C.
“Great place to stay in Gettysburg”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had a wonderful time in Gettysburg and were made to feel at home by Elizabeth, Becky and Mike. And their dogs. The inn is perfectly situated for touring Gettysburg and the battlefield sights. Our room was very comfortable, the inn is very cosy and breakfast was most enjoyable, especially the one we shared with Gen. Ulysses S. Grant and his wife! We would certainly stay here again when visiting the area. Jacquie and Tim

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacquie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
montreal canada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My wife and I spent five days recently at the Gaslight and would highly recommend it as the perfect place to stay when visiting Gettysburg. Our host Becky was most welcoming and was especially helpful when my wife had to make an unexpected trip to hospital because of an accident she suffered just prior to our visit. The breakfasts and rooms were first class and well maintained and surprise visits by Civil war re enactors at breakfast were a real treat. The Inn is located just off the main square which was ideal, we would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The inn has three floors and no elevator so visitors with mobility issues should take note
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Gaslight when I had a work assignment nearby. Although I had to leave before breakfast, the hosts accommodated this, leaving me the requested cereal and milk, along with some breakfast breads or treats.

My wife enjoyed the breakfasts, particularly the guests. One morning was President and Mrs. Grant, another was a tour guide, and a third demonstrated musket firing (including letting my wife fire one - with no rounds).

I really appreciated the "steam bath" option in the shower as I had a head cold. The hosts referred us to Garryowen, which was excellent, and arranged a tour guide for my wife, who was also excellent.

I was glad we were driving a compact car and could use the very close alley parking - a larger vehicle would have parked across the street in overflow... a little less convenient, but that is nitpicking.

My wife had no vehicle in the day and walked most places very easily.

I would highly recommend the Gaslight Inn.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street, our home is in the country, and the street noise was not a problem...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The stay at the Inn was great. Mike met me at the door and made me feel right at home. I arrived on Saturday and left on Monday. I didn't realize that breakfast was at 9 on Monday - it was at 8:30 or 9:45 on Sunday (two seatings to accommodate the number of guests). The breakfast was wonderful! Could splurge and purchase a better toilet paper - one ply is awfully thin. Would definitely stay there again and have recommended it to my friends.

Room Tip: Remeber there is no elevator - if your room is on the third floor, pack light! ;-)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
GaslightGettyburg_PA, Owner at The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you, Juliana, for this wonderful review.

We agree with you about the TP and new cases have been purchased!

Come to see us again.

Best regards,
Becky
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Gaslight Inn. The owners were very kind and spent time chatting with us and other guests over and after breakfast. Breakfast was gourmet and lovely. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the clover- no shower but a nice bath tub.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxnard, Ca.
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the gaslight while "Battlefielding" it. Can't say enough nice things about Becky and Elizabeth, who really go all out to assist and pamper their guests. It is easily within walking distance of Lincoln Square and all the neat restaurants there. They have sweetened the experience of staying there with interesting breakfast guests that bring perspective to the Gettyburg bygone era. Thanks again!

Room Tip: The Clover Room is a treasure!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I recently stayed at gaslight inn for a belated honeymoon trip. It was absolutely great!! With our package we got an hour carriage ride through the battlefield and taken to our restaurant of choice for dinner in which with the package we had a gift card for. After nit having much luck at the visitors center for a tour of the battlefield I called the inn and spoke to Becky she was quick to recommend a guide who was coming to the inn to stay she even called him and arranged it for us. Both her and Mike and our tour guide were amazing and so helpful of course I must add I LOVE the puppies to and hope to go back and see them ;)

• Stayed October 2012