“Spotless”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2009

This is a 3-story B&B a block from the town square. It was absolutely spotless and beautifully decorated and furnished. I might have skipped it if I had known I'd have to trek up 3 flights of stairs, but the only room with fireplace AND jacuzzi was on the third floor. Other rooms had fireplaces, too. Breakfast was slight, but beautifully presented. As usual, not enough outlets in the room. There was a ceiling fan over the bed, and the fireplace was a see-through so you could enjoy it from the jacuzzi, too. This room had no separate shower...just a nozzle on the edge of the jacuzzi, so we had to wash our hair sitting in the tub. Towels and bedding were luxurious and monogrammed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank difi2002

Reviewed 29 January 2009

My husband and I will always stay at the Gaslight whenever we go to Gettysburg. It was clean, wonderful location, breakfast was to die for and the owners were LOVELY!!! The B&B is in the center of everything, making all resturants, attractions ect. within walking distance. I don't think we used our car ONCE besides driving there. The best room for the best price is the Ivy Room, and also my personal favorite.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheRoadGoesEverOn
Reviewed 28 September 2008

What a fantastic time we had in Gettysburg, and all thanks to the fabulous hosts at the Gaslight Inn. Mike, Becky and Elizabeth were absolutely first class hosts They went above and beyond to make our stay most enjoyable. Mike took the time to show us interesting sights and great places to eat, and also organised golf for my husband... this is always handy if you have no idea where you are going! The breakfasts were absolutely delicious... (wish I could cook like that!). Becky is a fab cook. There was always plenty of breakfast and we never came away hungry... The snacks and drinks in the afternoon, especially the cookies, were always wonderful. The entire bed and breakfast premises is immaculate and spotless. We felt as if it were staying in a home away from home. All rooms are beautifully decorated and welcoming. The two pooches on-site also add a little home away from home feel. It is always refreshing to find a lovely place to stay when you are so far from home. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank BenoBrisbane
Reviewed 23 September 2008

The entire inn was very clean. Not one bit of dirt to be seen. The coffee / soda bar with snacks was a nice touch. The entire place was decorated very cute. Breakfast was good but small and fancy. If you are looking for a big breakfast to get you on your way for a full day of activity this breakfast won't do it. I stayed in the Garden Room which is on the first floor behind the kitchen. No chance to sleep in here! Preparare to be awoken between 6:00-6:30 with the noise of breakfast being prepared and the innkeeper's dog's tags jingleing. Also the bed is not very comfortable and the sheets stink like bleach. The innkeepers while nice and very informative are uptight and a bit condescending. Also there is not enough parking for everyone staying there so be prepared to have to put money in a parking meter across the street. Another bit of advice is to check in as early as possible because there are 2 sittings for breakfast and each sitting only allows a certain number of people. We checked in late and had to eat at the later breakfast losing valuable touring time.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JelyBeanCG
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Found this lovely place after I "ran away" from the awful Eisenhower (see my other GB review). Wonderful place to stay! (They even gave me a small discount for staying the whole week). See the pictures!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank ubu123
Reviewed 18 September 2008

everything was beautiful and great. the rooms very clean. we stayed in the sweet william room. very small tv. sliding doors to a balconyroom was on third floor. so it was a little tiring to get luggage up there. they had no parking left for us so we had to park across the street and was suppose to put money in the parking meter. we slept in and got a $15 parking ticket. not there fault for the ticket. im just warning you about the price of the ticket. Mike was very friendly and helpful, he made you feel very welcomed there. another lady was very nice. the wife , i didnt get to know her she seemed odd. she only talked to a certain couple at breakfast. and didnt try to engage with my husband and I. we ended up talking to another couple. but when i went up to my room. my husband said she still didnt talk to him. Mike talked to us at breakfast. he also printed us out directions.
i did ask about a refridgerater, and was under the impression we had one in our room. but its a small fridge in the dining room. so we ended up buying a cooler with ice for our drinks in the room.
i would definitly recomend this B&B.
any other questions, ask me.
richardsmommie03@yahoo.com

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank richardsmommie
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We "stumbled" on to their website & it was our luck. Becky & Mike, the owners of this wonderful B & B, made our stay more than pleasant, it was wonderful. One of the things I have to comment on was the cleanliness. I couldn't find dustbunny anywhere! I am not a breakfast person but my eyes and tummy could not resist Becky's wonderful recipes. Everything was piping hot and very different from any restaurant fare or anything you would ever cook at home. Also, being a garden /flower enthusiast, their gardens are exquisite with beautiful blooms and NO weeds. The archway leading to the street in the back of the house is lit with tiny lights and the yard is graced with "gaslights". There is no doubt that my husband and I will return there and hopefully get a different room to try. Every room is named after a flower and we stayed in the Sweet William room. Their daughter, Elizabeth, is also on the premises a lot. I think I liked the fact that it seems to be run by the whole family so that means it is run with love and care. Hopefully we will return there in Feb of 2009 with our 12 yr old granddaughter to experience the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth. We give this B & B one hundred thumbs up.
Diana & Stuart B.