“Very Heartwarming Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Very Heartwarming Experience”
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Gaslight Inn for the weekend. The Innkeepers, Becky and Mike, were so pleasant. I called several times before we stayed with questions, and every time, Becky was eager to answer my questions. We arrived a bit earlier than check-in time, but our room was ready and Becky happily showed us our room and the rest of the inn. I also ordered an anniversary package, and it was beautiful. The wine was excellent, and the cheese, crackers and fruit tasted delicious. She and her husband were very well-informed about the city, and the places to visit. The breakfasts were "to-die-for"- meaning very tasty! The dining room table was elegantly set, and although it was "fine dining" at the table, the atmosphere around the table was cozy and quaint. We all were eager to talk to each other and share experiences about our lives. My husband and I would recommend The Gaslight Inn as a MUST to stay.
As a guest of the Inn, you are also given a discount on "Miss Betty's Ghost Tour". This is also a "must-do". Now, as you walk around the town at night, you will see dozens of "ghost tours and walks". Miss Betty takes you on a tour outside of the town, to some of the most haunted areas in Gettysburg. Her unique way of telling stories along with her own real experiences makes this a tour to take. Ask about Miss Betty's tour when yo book at The Gaslight Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrea71121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
State College, PA
Reviewed 13 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Gaslight Inn this past weekend for a brief Central PA get-away. I picked the Gaslight Inn based on its tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. We stayed in the Lily room which had both a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace visible from the room and bathroom- very romantic! The innkeepers (Mike and Becky) as well as their employee, Elizabeth, were all really friendly and helpful. We had a few hiccups with our plans before arriving at the Inn (due to an illness) and the innkeepers assured us that we could re-schedule if my boyfriend had been unable to travel. However, everything turned out fine and the staff were really accommodating. They even lent us a copy of the audio tour for the battlefields so that we didn't need to purchase it from the visitor's center. The room was very clean and the food was wonderful. All in all, great location, wonderful room, and a pleasant stay. I will absolutely recommend the Gaslight Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katums1985
Maryland
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I were given a gift certificate for the Gaslight Inn for Christmas last year and were finally able to use it over this past Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend. The staff members were pleasant and very accommodating with our special requests. Our room was lovely, well appointed and very comfortable. We stayed in the Aster room which I thought was the nicest room but the Lily room came in a very close second. We had the opportunity to look through a number of other rooms as we were the only guests for a few hours and I can say that, without exception, the rooms were immaculate. It is clear that the owners and staff put a great deal of time and attention into maintaining a spotless inn. The breakfasts that we were served were delicious, as were the cookies left out at the hospitality bar. The inn was located very close to the center of town which made touring on foot very easy. The only suggestion I would make to the owners would be to include the password to the wireless internet connection in the folders that are placed in each room. We tried to contact the owners to get the information, as they seemed to have left early on Sunday. It was only a minor hiccup in an otherwise outstanding weekend. We would love to return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
GaslightGettyburg_PA, owner at The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 January 2010
Thank you so much for this review! I absolutely agree with you about the "password" for the wireless internet use and will put it in our books today! Great suggestion.

Best regards and we hope to see you again.

Becky Hanson
laurel md
Reviewed 5 December 2009

My wife and I picked the Gaslight for our 16th wedding anniversary weekend away. The Inn was recomended by some friends and it didn't disapoint in any way. Everything was top notch from the accomodations to the breakfast. We will stay here again this summer.

Berwicks

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scubalaurel
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My hubbs and I decided to take a weekend trip to Gettysburg last weekend over Halloween. We booked a room at the Gaslight Inn and weren't sure what to expect based on the somewhat mixed reviews on tripadvisor. I have to say that those who left negative reviews of this charming B&B were/are probably just pessimistic people to begin with.
Owners and breakfast: We were greeted by Becky who graciously took the time to show us the Inn, our room, the tiny specifics (like where to find sweets, soft drinks, and beer, how to turn on the gas fireplace in our room, how to ensure the door locked properly, where to park, etc...). She also went over the reservations that we had made through her for the weekend. We had done this through email a month before our trip. The reservations she made for us included dinner, a horse-drawn carriage ride, ghost tours (did I mention it was Halloween) and even borrowing the Inn's battlefield driving tour CDs. (These were the things my husband and I decided to do. They can help you decide on an itinerary and set it all up for you.) Her daughter, Elizabeth, was helpful with directions around town, and Mike, Becky's husband/Elizabeth's dad, was super nice, helpful, and just a "down-to-earth" guy. All three do their best to ensure a wonderful stay. Breakfast was very good and made by Becky one morning (baked eggs in a toast cup and bacon) and Elizabeth the next (creme brulee french toast and sausage). Mike serves you breakfast and I was impressed to find that he remembered what guests preferred tea over coffee and even a guest who enjoyed a diet coke after breakfast...serving them both with a huge smile!
Room: We stayed in the Sweet William room. It was romantic and very charming. Our room had a shower / steam spa which felt wonderful during these colder Autumn nights. It also had a gas fireplace. This room was on the third floor so do be careful when reserving if you don't do steps well. This gorgeous B&B is three stories. You can tell the owners take great pride in their establishment. It was super clean, beautifully maintained, and even the back gardens were still well manicured for Autumn.
We will certainly be back to the Gaslight Inn!

2 Thank cattybird
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 October 2009

The Gaslight was the best choice we could have made in Gettysburg. Service was very kind. Our room, the "Lily", was spotless, cozy, clean, beautiful, quiet... exactly what a B&B should be. We lucked out, we had a jacuzzi and fireplace. Breakfast was outstanding. The house itself is lovely. Grounds beautifully landscaped. Very close to the center of town for walking, yet no noise from traffic. We had a masseuse come to our room for deep tissue massage, she was great. And I enjoyed being able to make friends with the three little bowwows who made appearances now and then.

1 Thank renniebaby
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This B&B is one of the best we've stayed at. As some of the other reviews say, check in early in order to sign up at the breakfast seating time of your choice. There were two available times when we went on a Fri & Sat, either 8:30 or 9:45. Breakfast was fantastic both mornings. The complimentary snack bar was a fantastic touch with homemade cookies, brownies, soda, tea, coffee, hot cocoa... and even a beer which was the only item they charged for at $1. Our room was on the 3rd floor. The photo of the William Sweet room on the website is NOT that flattering of a photo, but the room is picture perfect in person. The working fireplace really made the room nice and toasty, and during milder weather we could have used the the porch! The sauna shower was EXCELLENT! It was a rainy, dreary weekend and there was no better way to end the day than popping into a steamy sauna shower. Perfect. The owners are as sweet as can be and very helpful. The location is excellent. Yes, they do have limited parking but on an October weekend we only had to look outside of their lot once. There is "free" parking in the municipal lot just behind their lot (where the signs say Visitor Parking).

1 Thank mwieser