“A very quiet, romantic beginning to our stay at Gettysburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2010

The Gaslight Inn was on a side street one block from the main downtown area. The room was impeccably clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was on the patio; great food.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pjsharad

Reviewed 15 July 2010

Last minute change in travel plans brought us to Gettysburg PA for an overnight stay. In checking out B&B's I came across the Gaslight B&B, called and was able to book a room at a wonderful price. We were give the "Garden Room" which is on the first floor and has its own entrance to the garden out back. The staff was wonderful, room immaculate, cozy and fully equipped with flat screen TV. Breakfast was delicious. I am planning another stay in Gettysburg and booking the Gaslight Inn is #1 on the list of things to do.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrooklynNYMoses
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I was looking for a place that was within walking distance to most of the attractions outside of the battlefield, and found it at the Gaslight Inn. I arrived late, but they had an envelope with a key and welcome note waiting for me. I stayed in the Garden Room on the first floor. The room was very nice and had practically all the amenities of a standard hotel room. It is an accessible room, so it only had a shower - no bathtub, exactly as described on the website.

I traveled in the middle of the week when the Inn wasn't very full, so breakfast for everyone was at 9 am. I had read some reviews stating that breakfast was little more than a snack, but I was happy to see that it was very filling and very good. I am not a light eater, but this easily filled me for several hours.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JaneitePDX
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Gaslight Inn for the weekend. The Innkeepers, Becky and Mike, were so pleasant. I called several times before we stayed with questions, and every time, Becky was eager to answer my questions. We arrived a bit earlier than check-in time, but our room was ready and Becky happily showed us our room and the rest of the inn. I also ordered an anniversary package, and it was beautiful. The wine was excellent, and the cheese, crackers and fruit tasted delicious. She and her husband were very well-informed about the city, and the places to visit. The breakfasts were "to-die-for"- meaning very tasty! The dining room table was elegantly set, and although it was "fine dining" at the table, the atmosphere around the table was cozy and quaint. We all were eager to talk to each other and share experiences about our lives. My husband and I would recommend The Gaslight Inn as a MUST to stay.
As a guest of the Inn, you are also given a discount on "Miss Betty's Ghost Tour". This is also a "must-do". Now, as you walk around the town at night, you will see dozens of "ghost tours and walks". Miss Betty takes you on a tour outside of the town, to some of the most haunted areas in Gettysburg. Her unique way of telling stories along with her own real experiences makes this a tour to take. Ask about Miss Betty's tour when yo book at The Gaslight Inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrea71121
Reviewed 13 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Gaslight Inn this past weekend for a brief Central PA get-away. I picked the Gaslight Inn based on its tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. We stayed in the Lily room which had both a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace visible from the room and bathroom- very romantic! The innkeepers (Mike and Becky) as well as their employee, Elizabeth, were all really friendly and helpful. We had a few hiccups with our plans before arriving at the Inn (due to an illness) and the innkeepers assured us that we could re-schedule if my boyfriend had been unable to travel. However, everything turned out fine and the staff were really accommodating. They even lent us a copy of the audio tour for the battlefields so that we didn't need to purchase it from the visitor's center. The room was very clean and the food was wonderful. All in all, great location, wonderful room, and a pleasant stay. I will absolutely recommend the Gaslight Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katums1985
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I were given a gift certificate for the Gaslight Inn for Christmas last year and were finally able to use it over this past Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend. The staff members were pleasant and very accommodating with our special requests. Our room was lovely, well appointed and very comfortable. We stayed in the Aster room which I thought was the nicest room but the Lily room came in a very close second. We had the opportunity to look through a number of other rooms as we were the only guests for a few hours and I can say that, without exception, the rooms were immaculate. It is clear that the owners and staff put a great deal of time and attention into maintaining a spotless inn. The breakfasts that we were served were delicious, as were the cookies left out at the hospitality bar. The inn was located very close to the center of town which made touring on foot very easy. The only suggestion I would make to the owners would be to include the password to the wireless internet connection in the folders that are placed in each room. We tried to contact the owners to get the information, as they seemed to have left early on Sunday. It was only a minor hiccup in an otherwise outstanding weekend. We would love to return.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
GaslightGettyburg_PA, owner at The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2010

Thank you so much for this review! I absolutely agree with you about the "password" for the wireless internet use and will put it in our books today! Great suggestion.

Best regards and we hope to see you again.

Becky Hanson

Reviewed 5 December 2009

My wife and I picked the Gaslight for our 16th wedding anniversary weekend away. The Inn was recomended by some friends and it didn't disapoint in any way. Everything was top notch from the accomodations to the breakfast. We will stay here again this summer.

Berwicks