“Wonderful bed and breakfast!”

The Lightner Farmhouse
Ranked #8 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
latrobe, pa
“Wonderful bed and breakfast!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I spent August 3rd and 4th here and loved it. Thank you Eileen and Dennis for welcoming us.

Everything about Lightner Farm is welcoming,,,, the parlor, dining room with awesome breakfast and cookies in the afternoon and a most comfortable bed.

Gettysburg is a wonderful piece of history and your kindness and guidance was invaluable.

We highly recommend Lightner Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast.

Thank you!
Bill Becki E.

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boston, MA area
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was my first time to Gettysburg and I wanted some place other than a chain hotel. The hosts, Eileen and Dennis, made me feel so at home. I thought I was visiting good friends. My husband and I stayed in the Oak room, which faces the rear, on the second floor. I appreciated that the AC was just right. I love that this is just out of town and set back from the road. The surrounding gardens were beautiful. I watched the lightening bugs come out one evening. The place is large enough for an evening or early morning stroll. The house was furnished just right, not too fussy.

I even enjoyed chatting with the other guests.

The breakfasts were delightful and kept you going. Beverages were out all the time as were homemade chocolate chips cookies.

This was a former field hospital during the Civil War time period.

Room Tip: Each room has its own touch. Our bathroom was a combo tub/shower. Most were just showers.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Corning, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This bed and breakfast is quaint and full of history. My husband and I truly enjoyed the night we spent there. The room (Birch) was comfortable and full of old fashioned charm. They also had wonderful nature trails on the property, which made for a relaxing evening stroll. The breakfast in the morning was also excellent and kept us full during a full morning of touring and walking. This bed and breakfast was also close to town and the Visitor's Center, but not right in town, which made for a perfect place to unwind from the day. If we return to Gettysburg we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband and I have had many visits to Gettysburg. This was our first time at Lightner bed and breakfast. The room, service and breakfast were exceptional. We really enjoyed hiking on their trails and relaxing on the rockers on their porch. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. Eileen gave us several new ideas that made our stay memorable. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Our traveling companions, my wife and I were delighted with our stay at the Lightner Farmhouse. Our hosts, Eileen and Dennis were most gracious and informative. The hotel is a short ride from the visitor center just outside of town. When we toured downtown Gettysburg, my wife asked me why we did not book a hotel downtown? There are some nice looking hotels in the heart of the town. However, Gettysburg center is a main junction of a number of highways. Trucks and buses generate a lot of traffic and a lot of noise. The Lightner Farmhouse is far enough away from the highway that all of us had a good night's sleep. The room was excellent as was breakfast. No TV in the rooms but there is a"family room" that has a TV and was the perfect place to have our wine and snacks before dinner in town. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cbcrane
Butler PA
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Short distance from town and so very peaceful. We stayed in the Cedar room which has it's own private entrance and wonderful porch with rockers. The room was very clean and the breakfast very good. We hope to go back!!!!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol212
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Lightner Farmhouse on May 29th and 30th. I had just returned from a tour in Afghanistan and was looking for a quiet romantic place to stay with my wife while visiting Gettysburg. We could not have found a better place! Eileen and Dennis made our stay absolutely fantastic! It started with them greeting us when we arrived and giving us a tour of the house as well as the history of it. We stayed in the Oak Room, and it was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfasts that Dennis cooked were awesome! We loved the fresh fruit. My wife and I enjoyed sitting out on the porch in the rocking chairs and enjoying the good weather we had. Thank you Eileen and Dennis for everything, and we would definitely stay there again!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple