Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$124
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$84
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)
US$210
  • Pool
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$141
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$140
AscendHotels
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$233
US$186
US$159
US$132
US$161
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodhost mikebeautiful victorian hometea and coffeewonderful stayquiet roomcomfortable roomsvisit gettysburgshops and restaurantseasy accessgreenesuitedvdsbattlefieldaccommodationshistory
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed at the Keystone Inn with my boyfriend in June of 2009, and we were very happy with our visit. I should start off by saying that Mike, the innkeepeer, looked thrilled to find us at the front door at 10:00 pm. He took his time showing us around the inn and to our room, regardless of how late it was. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean, as was the rest of the house. There were little treats like brownies or cookies waiting for us at the end of each day, and plenty of refreshments as well. The breakfasts each morning were delicious, though a little too sweet for my taste. I think Mike went a little crazy with the powdered sugar on the french toast, but the fruit accompanying each dish was refreshing and complimentary.

Although I loved the fact that the inn was away from town in a quiet neighborhood, it was not withing walking distance to town. It's walkable yes, but it's definitely not a short stroll, and I wouldn't recomend it, especially at night. Mike and Marj were full of useful information, since we have never been to Gettysburg before, and gave us great tips on where to go and what to do. They recommended that we dine at the Dobbin House, and wow, we were beyond pleased!! That restaurant was amazing! The only tip I have for future visitors is this - if you decide to borrow Mike's and Marj's CD's for the audio tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield, make sure they BOTH work before you leave the inn... We were halfway through the tour when we realized that the 2nd CD didn't work, and since we were leaving the next day, we didn't have time to go back, and had to finish the tour without our "guide".

Overall, the inn was gorgeous, the innkeepers were extremely hospitable, and if I return to Gettysburg, I would definitely stay at the Keystone Inn again.

Reviewed 29 June 2009

This lovely B and B offers extremely clean, cozy, and comfortable rooms , conveniently located to Gettysburg attractions yet away from much of the congestion of the downtown area. For those familiar with the battlefield the inn borders the Culp's Hill / Cemetery Hill area. The woodwork is some of the finest I've ever seen, as the inn was built (in 1913) by a master craftsman. tThe beds are ultra-comfortable and will be sure to offer a good night's sleep. The owners, Mike and Marj, are quite friendly and professional. Breakfasts are sumptuous and filling. I've been staying here every year since 2003 and I can honestly say this inn offers one the chance to truly enjoy the Gettysburg historical experience in quiet, comfortable surroundings. I recommend this inn to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The Keystone Inn B&B was absolutely fantastic. Mike and Marj (Owners) made you feel very welcomed in their home (like family). The breakfast is quite delicious and filling. The room we stayed in (General Reynold's) was very cozy and alot of space. Our private bathroom was a great size too, unlike hotels where you have no room to get dressed after you shower. Our bed was so incredibly comfortable we slept like babies. Our 1st night there our a/c broke Mike and Marj took care of us right away so we didn't have to suffer in the heat. We appreciated that so much! They are very hard workers and it shows in the quality of service they give. The Keystone inn is only 5 blocks from the heart of the town and other attractions. It so peaceful that you barely hear any traffic. They are familiar with the area and give you ideas on what to do and where things are. Honestly, this was our 1st bed and breakfast and it won't be our last. We intent to come back and stay w/ them again. If we ever try another B&B they have some big shoes to fill. Oh, I almost forgot the fresh baked cookies and sweet tea are way better than any bakery I have ever been too.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

To start off, this was my first stay at a B&B. After this trip, I will not be staying in a hotel room in Gettysburg. For about the same cost of a hotel, you get the lap of luxury. This is a lovely home with every detail in mind. Inside and out, there is not one detail missed. They have lovely gardens and a huge porch to sit and relax. The inside of the home has beautiful decor and that "at home" feeling. We stayed in the General Reynolds room and it was just as nice as described on their website. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The room was much bigger than the pictures on their website lead you to believe. The house is in a nice location, somewhat away from the hustle and bustle of the town, but a short walk away from the center. You couldn't even hear the traffic from the rooms even though you are close to a highway. That made it nice for a good nights rest.

We did have one problem when we arrived, we got settled in and turned the thermostat down on the A/C unit before we left to do some site seeing. Upon our arrival back I found that the A/C had frozen up and the room was rather hot (it was June). I reported the problem to Mike and he advised he would get the problem resolved. We returned about 2 hrs later to a nice and cozy (cool) room. Mike went out and purchased a new unit for our room, if that's not first class, I don't know what is. They made every effort to make you feel at home. Other than that minor issue, our trip went well, as planned.
Note: (This is not a complaint, just an example of the service they provide)

The breakfast they make is home made and is very good. The complaints I've seen seem like they come from folks who just want something to complain about. Our stay here was very nice and I will recommend all my friends and family to stay here if they visit. They provide first class service all around. Mike and Marj are very personable and make every effort to ensure you are completely satisfied. They are true professionals and completely make you feel at home.

Reviewed 13 June 2009

This is the best there is.., warmth of family is inviting. You can eat off the floors, and wow do they pay attention to details in each room , air/ref, make up vanity in suite on top floor (excellent for the price). YOu think you're home, even small makeup remover in bathroom... Great breakfast, like eating in family dining room, chat with other guests. Mike and Marge come out and sit with you afterwards to chat, see if you need anything. Will be back! Best i've stayed... love this place and the people...Even provided CD for self touring of fields ($23 value). DOn't stay anywhere else, this is worth the value!!!!! Ann Marie NJ

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends