“The most relaxing time we've had in a B&B”

and 1 more site!
Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 December 2009

My fiance and I spent the weekend on Dec 18th-20th at the Keystone inn. Mike and Marj couldnt have been better hosts! From the foyer when you walk in, right up to the room accomodations everything was flawless! The breakfasts were terrific! The place is very well kept and neat. They have a nice library of books and movies for you to enjoy. They also have an incredible Italian restaurant you can visit that is within walking distance. It was a good thing it was so close too, we had a snow storm while we were there. Everything about this place including location was just perfect! We cant wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2009

This nice home located close to the town of Gettysburg and close to the battlefield was a delight to stay in. The Innkeepers were both very friendly and helpful with the town attractions and restaurants. They had much to offer in terms of Gettysburg history, and had the car CD for driving the battlefield. Would highly recommend this B&B. Good food and wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My boyfriend and I spent 6 days at the Keystone Inn in early October. We were impressed from the moment we walked in the door. The home is absolutely beautiful and feels very warm and welcoming! Mike and Marj are very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home immediately. Our room (General Reynolds) was large, very clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable - we slept great! The home is in a great location - about 5 blocks from downtown - so it is out of the main hustle and bustle, but still an easy walk to great restaurants and shops. The breakfasts were yummy and filling and sitting in the dining room eating and chatting was such a nice, relaxing way to start the day. I also recommend relaxing at the end of the day on the front porch or in the parlor....they are both lovely, inviting places to sit and relax. I would definitely recommend this Inn to everyone....we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My husband and I just returned from a beautiful fall weekend in Gettysburg and stayed at the Keystone Inn, which was just wonderful! Mike and Marj do a great job of making sure everything is to your satisfaction. In fact, shortly after checking in, we noticed our room was a bit chilly and tried turning on the heat (radiator) but nothing seemed to happen. We asked Mike about it, and he said that they don't normally turn the heat on until November - apparently some of the other rooms have ceramic space heaters, but ours did not, I suppose because it is one of the smaller rooms. He said he would take care of it. We then left for dinner, and returned later that evening to find a working space heater in our room. We were very appreciative of him going out of his way for us - and it was more than enough heat! We stayed in General Johnson's room, which was just beautiful. It is a lot larger than the pictures make it seem on the website - it was more than enough room for my husband and I. The bathroom is also a lot larger than expected! It was very quiet (we both slept better there than we do at home) and so comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts, although a little rich/sweet for our taste. We had dinner at the Dobbin House one night, which was fantastic. It was very busy and crowded, but the food and service were top notch. We ate at O'Rorke's pub another night and enjoyed that very much as well. We ate outside in their courtyard. Good casual food and fun atmosphere. We can't wait to come back to Gettysburg and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed at the Keystone Inn with my boyfriend in June of 2009, and we were very happy with our visit. I should start off by saying that Mike, the innkeepeer, looked thrilled to find us at the front door at 10:00 pm. He took his time showing us around the inn and to our room, regardless of how late it was. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean, as was the rest of the house. There were little treats like brownies or cookies waiting for us at the end of each day, and plenty of refreshments as well. The breakfasts each morning were delicious, though a little too sweet for my taste. I think Mike went a little crazy with the powdered sugar on the french toast, but the fruit accompanying each dish was refreshing and complimentary.

Although I loved the fact that the inn was away from town in a quiet neighborhood, it was not withing walking distance to town. It's walkable yes, but it's definitely not a short stroll, and I wouldn't recomend it, especially at night. Mike and Marj were full of useful information, since we have never been to Gettysburg before, and gave us great tips on where to go and what to do. They recommended that we dine at the Dobbin House, and wow, we were beyond pleased!! That restaurant was amazing! The only tip I have for future visitors is this - if you decide to borrow Mike's and Marj's CD's for the audio tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield, make sure they BOTH work before you leave the inn... We were halfway through the tour when we realized that the 2nd CD didn't work, and since we were leaving the next day, we didn't have time to go back, and had to finish the tour without our "guide".

Overall, the inn was gorgeous, the innkeepers were extremely hospitable, and if I return to Gettysburg, I would definitely stay at the Keystone Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This lovely B and B offers extremely clean, cozy, and comfortable rooms , conveniently located to Gettysburg attractions yet away from much of the congestion of the downtown area. For those familiar with the battlefield the inn borders the Culp's Hill / Cemetery Hill area. The woodwork is some of the finest I've ever seen, as the inn was built (in 1913) by a master craftsman. tThe beds are ultra-comfortable and will be sure to offer a good night's sleep. The owners, Mike and Marj, are quite friendly and professional. Breakfasts are sumptuous and filling. I've been staying here every year since 2003 and I can honestly say this inn offers one the chance to truly enjoy the Gettysburg historical experience in quiet, comfortable surroundings. I recommend this inn to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The Keystone Inn B&B was absolutely fantastic. Mike and Marj (Owners) made you feel very welcomed in their home (like family). The breakfast is quite delicious and filling. The room we stayed in (General Reynold's) was very cozy and alot of space. Our private bathroom was a great size too, unlike hotels where you have no room to get dressed after you shower. Our bed was so incredibly comfortable we slept like babies. Our 1st night there our a/c broke Mike and Marj took care of us right away so we didn't have to suffer in the heat. We appreciated that so much! They are very hard workers and it shows in the quality of service they give. The Keystone inn is only 5 blocks from the heart of the town and other attractions. It so peaceful that you barely hear any traffic. They are familiar with the area and give you ideas on what to do and where things are. Honestly, this was our 1st bed and breakfast and it won't be our last. We intent to come back and stay w/ them again. If we ever try another B&B they have some big shoes to fill. Oh, I almost forgot the fresh baked cookies and sweet tea are way better than any bakery I have ever been too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple