“AWESOME!!!!!!!! Did I say AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raphael Inn

Raphael Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Frederick, Maryland
“AWESOME!!!!!!!! Did I say AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was looking for somewhere to go for my wife's and anniversary. We had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before, so this was a first for us. From the very first moment I called to get more information and make a reservation, George and Alexandra were fantastic. I truly felt like I was reconnecting with family! I don't see how I could ever stay anywhere else if we have to go to Gettysburg again after this experience. They dogs were also so warm and friendly and I bonded with them in our short stay there. They also welcome you as if they had known you forever. Believe me, the dogs are a BONUS and you will love them as well. We stayed in the California Suit which is decorated so wonderfully to every detail and the French style breakfast was amazing. You feel like you are in a boutique on a corner in Paris, and I have been to Paris. LOL If you are looking for a nice getaway in a peaceful setting, to refresh this is your place. As mentioned if I have to be in the area again and they have availability, I will stay there over any 4 start hotel in the area and that is the honest truth. They made our anniversary very special their warming hospitably and fellowship while we were there. You won't be disappointed. Thanks to the Raphael Inn for making our time there GREAT!!!!! I will add some photo later! lol

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank man1et

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lake Villa, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it was great. George and Alexandra were unbelievable nice and welcoming and made us feel right at home. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Very informative about the area around the inn and Gettysburg and gave us great information about places to eat and even offered to pick up our food for us so we wouldn't have to go out. They went above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the Gettysburg area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed there on summer vacation which included a visit to Gettysburg. Very welcoming. Alexandra and George are great hosts. The breakfast was fabulous. My granddaughter really enjoyed Olive and Heidi. We felt very much at home. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kathysch_12
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Such a great time at Raphael Inn for our honeymoon. George and Alexandra were amazing for their hospitality, french style breakfast, homey comfortable rooms. They gave us lots of info on what to do, where to eat in Gettysburg, so helpful. Loved their cute doggies too. The inn is at a peaceful section of town, so sad to leave. May have to come back every year for anniversary :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lincoln Room which had a nice side seating room. Loved the rich looking colors/deco...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rochelle W
Martins Ferry, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We count our blessings that we found Raphael Inn on Trip Advisor. Alexandra and George are just simply amazing! Their lovely home is comfortable, clean and welcoming. When we booked our stay at the Inn, Alex suggested Howard, the best private tour guide in Gettysburg. Besides their tasty breakfasts, they suggested the best restaurants in town. Olive and Heidi are just the sweetest dogs, and we enjoyed their company, too. We stayed in the California Rose Suite, but we were happy to get to view the other rooms. You can't go wrong with any of them. If you need absolute quiet, you may want to choose Lincoln or Evangeline. I'm a light sleeper, but I didn't find the California Rose room too noisy at all. On the last day, George and Alexandra spent some time with us after breakfast which just added to our lovely trip! We would return to Raphael Inn in an instant!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hockeymom56
Foxboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently had a delightful 3 night stay at the Raphael Inn. The reviews were right on the mark. Alexandra and George were gracious, informative, and friendly hosts. The Lincoln room was comfortable and quiet, with a nice view of the back yard. The breakfasts were delicious and over the top (a 3 course breakfast was a first for me!). Afternoon and evening snacks were sinfully good. The location is an easy 5-10 minute walk to the town square and even closer to the college. Their dogs, Heidi and Olive, are very friendly and playful too! We don’t typically stay at B & Bs but can’t imagine there are many better.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JPC994
North Royalton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The host George and Alex are very nice people. They are filled with information about everything in Gettysburg. They made great suggestions for food and entertainment. This was our first bed and breakfast and it was a very good experience. The room was very clean and accommodating and the breakfast served was good as well.The only downfall for us was the time for breakfast. We enjoy sleeping in especially on vacation and unfortunately that doesn't happen here. Not sure if we would stay again and that's solely based on I don't think we are B and B type people! For those that enjoy a B and B environment then I would recommend this place just because of the outstanding personal service by Alex and George.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple