“Great little B&B”

Raphael Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and i just returned from a short vacation in Gettysburg P.A. Alexandra and George are the two most welcoming and friendly people we have ever met. Their suggestions on what to see and where to eat were so helpful. I would recommend this B&B to everyone visiting Gettysburg We would definitely return to this great place. Thanks so much Alexandra and George for making us feel so welcome.
the Wilson family from MD

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our third time staying at the Raphael Inn and we are looking forward to next year's stay as well. We felt like we were touching base with again with friends. Alexandra and George take care of their guests , putting all their heart and soul into everything from the room preparations to the wonderfully fulfilling breakfasts they prepare and deliver with such artistry.. They are always ready to serve their guests with sincere smiles and show their interest in how guests may have spent their days/evenings. Raphael Inn is also in a great location - close enough to take a short walk down to the square, but far enough from the center of things to be allowed a quiet night of sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is our second visit which we made during a drive from NJ to TN. Our first was in May 2013. Alex remembered my husband and me when I phoned and we were greeted like beloved friends. We stayed in the Lincoln room which is such a treat! The lighting was so well thought out - the room was cast in the warmest and most inviting glow. There are so many little nooks to temp you to sit and relax in. The seating area off the bedroom has the sweetest view onto the back garden. So much love and care has been taken into making each of the 3 rooms in the B&B as special as possible for guests. We were only able to stay for a night but we loved the Lincoln room.

The breakfast, as always, was outstanding. Imagine sitting down for breakfast in a room that reminds one of Paris, old gypsy jazz playing, gazing out onto a quiet, tree lined road. Or, you're welcome to take breakfast in their equally amazing covered porch. Last time we were there, one evening we sat on the porch, enjoying a bottle of wine while playing Scrabble that they had available, safe and protected during a thunder storm.

To be honest, we don't go there to see Gettysburg. We go there to visit Alex and George and to have the utter pleasure of staying at their B&B and chatting with them, giving cuddles to their puppies (they're never too old to be puppies!) and to just hang out.

We went about 60 miles out of our way in total to visit for that one night. We would happily have driven more.

Room Tip: Any of the 3 rooms are equally amazing but like people, each has a unique character and vibe.
1  Thank Rowsby W
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Alexandra and George provide the very best in all regards. The Raphael Inn is a great location for the Gettysburg experience. We have had numerous B&B experiences. The Raphael is right at the top.

We spend two nights but had a full day before checking in and almost two addition days for soaking up the historical sights of the area. It was a most moving experience. The National Park Service and the independent venues have done a good job to present the history. Very impressive.

Room Tip: Only three rooms in the B&B. All seemed great.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was looking for somewhere to go for my wife's and anniversary. We had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before, so this was a first for us. From the very first moment I called to get more information and make a reservation, George and Alexandra were fantastic. I truly felt like I was reconnecting with family! I don't see how I could ever stay anywhere else if we have to go to Gettysburg again after this experience. They dogs were also so warm and friendly and I bonded with them in our short stay there. They also welcome you as if they had known you forever. Believe me, the dogs are a BONUS and you will love them as well. We stayed in the California Suit which is decorated so wonderfully to every detail and the French style breakfast was amazing. You feel like you are in a boutique on a corner in Paris, and I have been to Paris. LOL If you are looking for a nice getaway in a peaceful setting, to refresh this is your place. As mentioned if I have to be in the area again and they have availability, I will stay there over any 4 start hotel in the area and that is the honest truth. They made our anniversary very special their warming hospitably and fellowship while we were there. You won't be disappointed. Thanks to the Raphael Inn for making our time there GREAT!!!!! I will add some photo later! lol

1  Thank man1et
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and it was great. George and Alexandra were unbelievable nice and welcoming and made us feel right at home. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Very informative about the area around the inn and Gettysburg and gave us great information about places to eat and even offered to pick up our food for us so we wouldn't have to go out. They went above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the Gettysburg area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed there on summer vacation which included a visit to Gettysburg. Very welcoming. Alexandra and George are great hosts. The breakfast was fabulous. My granddaughter really enjoyed Olive and Heidi. We felt very much at home. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family