“Enjoyable”

Hall of Presidents & First Ladies
Ranked #45 of 107 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring The area's only complete wax collection of American Presidents and their first ladies as well as a beautiful gift shop. The Hall of Presidents is located across the street from the Gettysburg Tour Center and next to the main entrance of the National Cemetery. It is incredible to be able to see what our Presidents really looked like and to hear the words attributed to them as if the words came from the very lips of the figures themselves.The Hall of First Ladies present authentic 1/3 size reproductions of the First Ladies in their inaugural gowns.
Binghamton, New York
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a half price coupon for this museum so we decided to check it out.

Like others have said you enter a room and have a seat. The last one to sit will push the button and the recording starts. In front of you are the wax figures and each one is spot lighted when it is their turn to share their story. I agree that some of the figures are not all that great but overall not too bad.

I enjoyed the overview of each president. It is a nice quick history lesson.

Upstairs is the first ladies and their inaugural gowns. Like others have said I wish there was more info on their accomplishments. (And the three foot high figures are a little creepy)

Visited May 2013
2 Thank joenronnie

Cleveland, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Kooky & Fun”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The wax faces aren't exactly the faces in the portraits. In fact, some are terrifying. :-) But it was entertaining to see. The Hall of First Ladies was more interesting in terms of costumes from each era.

My wife remembered this from when she was a kid. And now, it is burned into my brain. But it was a nice break from the battle scenes. I think children could enjoy it because it is memorable. And its air conditioned.

NJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Something different to break up Gettysburg”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

After being in Gettysburg for a while, I wanted to shake things up a bit without leaving out a historical aspect. I am a history teacher and highly enjoyed this exhibit. Each presidents achievements are highlighted for about a minute each. It is enjoyable for all ages. Also, they had an amazing American history gift shop. It was very different from the cliché souvenirs you find throughout the rest of Gettysburg.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you have some extra time, go ahead”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would when I initially stepped into the first room of presidents. It was an interesting history lesson of what all was going on when each was president. If you have extra time, this is worth a stop. I do wish there was more information on the first ladies, rather than just what they wore to the inauguration.

Sarasota, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Felt like I wasted my time.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Some of the was figures were done very poorly. Eisenhower looked like a ghost brought back from the dead, Pres. Clinton and Pres. Obama looked nothing like them and Pres. G.W. Bush had this horrible smile. The information on each president was very limited. I would not visit again.