“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We always like to stop in here when we are in Gettysburg. The food is delicious and freshly cooked. The Thai iced tea is refreshing. Very good service, too!

1  Thank njtravellers

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have eaten here many times and have always had excellent meals. The service is excellent and the staff are attentive and friendly. I go for spicy but my better half is not an adventurous diner. Nonetheless, she always finds a dish that she loves as well. Come here for the food, not the atmosphere. The decor is sparse and the walls are decorated mostly with Thai travel posters, pictures of patrons having meals and family pictures of the owners. Also, the restaurant does not have a liquor license, which accounts for the empty tables on weekend nights in the winter months when Gettysburg is not full of visitors. Do yourself a favor and do not be deterred by the decor, empty tables or lack of liquor. This is a great little place to have a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Otto M
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We really enjoy this Thai experience when in Gettysburg. Service was very prompt. I ordered Pad Thai and my friend had Thai Curry. Both arrived hot and quickly. My Pad Thai actually had some large shrimps on it. It was exceptionally good and tasty. My friend really enjoyed his curry. The restaurant itself was in an older but clean, probably Civil War era building, which means it was narrow and long. The bathroom was clean. Overall an economical, yet tasty, Thai lunch.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Let me start out by saying that we love Thai food. So, based on good reviews, we decided to try Thai Classic III. I don't even remember what I ate; it was that unmemorable. I think the three of us had soups and split something gingery with stale, crusty rice (that I DO remember). No one was in the restaurant although it couldn't have been much later than 1-1:30 (we were enroute to the Gettysburg Battlefield). We didn't even think this place was open although the lone, cheerless waiter/owner/ cook(?) led us to a table with little to no greeting. like something out of the Twilight Zone. We did notice loads of cheery pictures of past diners on the wall, but didn't want to disturb this man's dinner (that's right, he was eating at another table) to request having our picture on the wall. Would have been nice as we are tourists. As we were leaving, another man came into the restaurant but left minutes later. Perhaps this place was "closed" or out of commission. Don't know, don't care. I realize some places, especially Asian ones, might have a limited lunch time (11:30 to 2 p.m.) with dinner service starting at 4-4:30. I understand that, but none of this was indicated on the door or menus where the times are listed. And perhaps this wasn't even the situation. With a number of generally good reviews, I like to give this place the benefit of a doubt as this could have been one of a few off-days. But a good first impression is crucial in maintaining an ongoing business, and based on the tasteless, unmemorable food (esp. the stale rice) and the apathetic service, i cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone. Sorry. You know what they say about first impressions - it may be your last.

1  Thank toadsoup
Reviewed 28 October 2013

On a recommendation from our B&B owner (Brickhouse Inn) Brian, who has lived in Thailand, we went to dinner at Thai Classic IV. It was by far the best meal we had in Gettysburg. It is unpretentious, service excellent and the food superb. All four of us agreed it was not only
the best restaurant on our trip but it was so reasonable we couldn't believe the price. We
stopped at a small wine tasting shop on our way and picked up a bottle of wine to bring with us. The waiter opened the bottle and supplied us with wine glasses and there was no extra charge. We would all highly recommed this restaurant.