“excellent service”

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

we love the great service . dinner was scrumptious. service ettention was to details. josie was a professional server , and the manager john was friendly. we feel ts home , it was a greai dining experience.... stronglly recomend this redtaurant .

1  Thank Juancho R
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share your kind words with Josie and John. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for 1863 Restaurant

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Im from Japan and I was on vacation when I had my lunch here.I had a delicious prime rib and crab cakes. I was very much satisfied because the food was so delicious the atmosphere is great and on top of that Ms. Josie provided an excellent service. I'll be surely visiting this place again.

1  Thank TimSoriano

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to here that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share your kind words with Josie. I agree with you, I love the 1863 crabcakes also! We look forward to having you dine with us again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had room service two times when were staying at the hotel and we loved the food both times. The prices seemed high for french onion soup and salad, but it was wonderful. I also enjoyed the eggs benedict. The portion sizes were more than enough and left my family very satisfied. The food was always packaged nicely and delivered with everything we needed.

1  Thank PenelopeA2
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room service experience while staying with us at the Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the presentation as well as the food! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ate here again last night. The burgers were overcooked, the baked seafood plate as drab as last week's leftovers, and Pickett's Charge is a drink so bad it might as well be called teen vomit. It's an enduring (in all the worst ways) concoction of sloe gin, southern comfort, vodka, triple sec, amaretto, and citrus. The service, as always, was that weird combination of attentive, dismissive, and forgetful. Here's another thing: if you are going to give a 'locals' discount,' stick to it, for god's sake, and don't be offering sometimes and not others. But, anyway, the family agreed: never again.

5  Thank FGLinBCN
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Food was good. I ordered a pasta and chicken dish. It was mainly pasta. . Cost 15 dollars and this was the cheapest thing on the menu. Although it tasted great, for the price, I would have liked it to include a salad or side dish. My husband had the pork. He liked it but thought it was kind of bland for 26 dollars.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your dining experience. I understand your concerns and will share them with our Chef. I hope we have the opporttunity to have you dine with us again.