“felt very unwelcome!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Granite Hill Camping Resort
Reviewed 11 July 2010

i completely agree with the other post titled"unwelcome experience"...we too have the same feelings. let me start off by saying that my family camps just about every other weekend starting in may every year. we normally like to camp in gettyburg because it is only about 15 minutes from our home. this was our first time camping at Granite Hill. Upon arrival all the employees were very friendly and we were very impressed with the campground...a nice big pool, clean environment, big camp sites, etc. Our first nite camping, we were in love however....the second afternoon at the campground we had friends that wanted to camp with us but they wanted to pitch a tent on our site.... for everyone who camps you should know that alot of campgrounds allow you to have either two tents per site or a camper and a tent (at no additional cost but maybe a "guest fee"...like maybe $3 or $4. when we explained what we wanted to do, the office staff stated that the other 2 adults joining us would have to pay a "base fee" of $38.50..just to pitch a tent on our site. i have never had anyone treat us as if were just more "money in the bank"..we ended up paying the fee prior to our guest arrival and when our guests checked in the employees charged our guests again something completely different than what they charged us when we pre-paid!!! i went up to the office and explained that they shouldnt have charged our guests again and the employees were very rude as if the mistake was my fault and the employees said that when the employees change shifts some things get missed???? my husband and i have a business and this is defintely not how to run a business let alone a campground.... our last morning at the campground we were rudely awakened by an employee pounding on our camper door at 9:00 am because our car pass fell down from our rear-view mirror and wasnt visiable. i was irate!!!! they got a total of $130.00 out of me for that weekend and they wanted to wake me out of bed to tell me that my car pass had fallen and wasnt displayed properly!!!! needless to say...we will not return to this campground....they employees need to learn how to treat customers especially at a family orientated place of business!!!! also to note, after my run in about the fees, i came upon a gentleman who greeted us on our first day and he told us "let us know if we can do anything for you over the weekend"..i thought to myself i am going to see what he says about our "dilemma" he pretty much said "maam, youre complaint is falling on deaf ears..there is nothing that i can do for you..it is what it is" that is exactly what he told me....so much for good customer service!!!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank bandhwalter

Reviewed 1 June 2010

We booked the Granite Hill B&B 3 months in advance because friends of ours were staying at the campground & we didn't feel like camping. I had a coupon for book 2 nights & get the 3rd free which they would NOT honor since it was memorial day. No big deal but it didn't have any exceptions listed on the coupon. We told them we had a child & needed a room for 3. The day before we were to arrive, a woman called to ask how old our child was. We told her 10 & she said that children were not allowed at the b&b. Okay. Since they forgot to tell us, she would allow it. However, we needed to bring a sleeping bag since there was no extra bed. And since there were antiques we needed to watch our child carefully. I was IRATE!!! I told her that I used to own a bed & breakfast for 3 years & thought that I could handle that. I don't remember ever calling one of my guests in advance to tell them they weren't really welcomed but I would allow it because I screwed up. So here is the clincher!!! We get there. It was nice but there were no antiques or anything prescious. And There was NO OTHER GUESTS but us. And we still had to sleep on the floor. Why the heck couldn't I use my coupon? no one else was knocking the door down. And When I had the B&B if I had 3 to a room & my other rooms weren't booked, I always let them have a 2nd room. That is how you get repeat guests. I doubt if these guys will get repeat guests.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family