“Great vist”
Review of Artillery Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Artillery Ridge
Sheffield, Pennsylvania
“Great vist”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We had stayed in one of the little cabins in 2006. This time my parents came out with us for a vacation. We had one of the new cabins. It had a living room, bedroom, full bath room, and kitchen . Very nice and looked so awesome. We had a nice stay.
Only thing i have to say is they could us a ceiling fan in the kitchen and there wifi was very slow. But we had a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orange City, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Centrally located to, well, everything! LOL. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly staff!! We also took their horseback tour through the battlefields - very well done. Very professional. Safety first!! Great job!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at this campground in October, there are only two good things I can say about this place. The girls that work desk and store are very pleasant and the bathrooms were clean, could use updating but clean. Our site was horrible, When we arrived the site was full of fallen black walnuts, you couldn't walk without ruining your shoes from the black (natural dye) from the walnuts or tripping or falling. We had to clean the site ourselves. Sites are very tight our neighbor had a tent right against our table. Also the noisiest campground I've ever been too, obviously no one here in the evenings to regulate partying and noise issues. I'm not a prude by all means but it went on all night. I was never so happy to pack up my camper to leave this campground.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hipster_Tripsters
Joppa, Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Our family of four stayed here Labor Day weekend. We had a great experience. There were lots of kids but it was not loud or rambunctious. Our seven year old boys enjoyed riding bikes and being with the other kids. The grounds were clean and the activities were fun for our kids. They enjoyed the water games. A magician also provided entertainment over the weekend, and he was great! Adults and kids both found him funny and entertaining (better than one we payed big bucks to see in Atlantic City in August). The staff here is also very friendly and courteous! The store is on the small side but has the essentials and is open late! The game room was decent. The location is fabulous!!! The battlefield is indeed right around the corner. Incidentally, we stayed near the horses, and there was no odor. Of course, there was only one or two horses and it rained. I don't know what it would have been like had the stalls been filled. We were very happy with the site where we stayed-317. The themed cabins are also pretty cool looking, but awfully small.
On the side- the playground equipment is very much dated (much of it the old metal stuff- the kind I played on thirty years ago as a kid). Also, the pool is very small and easily crowded! The restrooms could also use updating, but they were clean.
Overalll a great trip. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa K
York, Pa
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family stayed at this campground the weekend of August 17th. Check in was quick and easy. The staff was friendly. When I called to make the reservations the lady on the phone asked how old my children were and when she heard I had a 9 year old, she gave us a site close to the playground. We camp in a popup camper and had a nice size site for it. The campground was clean, the pool area was clean and the bathrooms were clean. The location was a plus too! It was close to the battlefield and to town. We would definitely go camping there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Spencer, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this campground and enjoyed our time. The campground was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The campground is close to the battlefields and town. The horse tour is a must and well worth the money. The guide was very knowledgeable and an excellent historian. My kids have been raving about the tour. This was one of our most enjoyable vacations! I would definitely stay at this campground again and have recommended this campground to our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My family and I really enjoyed camping here. The staff was friendly. My children loved the horse's, playground, and pool. It wasn't far from the battlefields, town, plus, there was a neat little produce stand (with the juiciest white peaches) We are looking forward to camping here again.

• Stayed August 2012