“TERRIBLE TERRIBLE STAY AWAY”
Review of North Ridge Motel

North Ridge Motel
and 1 more site!
North Ridge Motel
Ranked #22 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Palm Bay, Florida
“TERRIBLE TERRIBLE STAY AWAY”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was by far the worst place I have ever been in. When we drove up, there were a few shady looking characters standing in the doorways acting very suspicious. As soon as we walked in the door, I started to sneeze and got a creepy crawly feeling. It was approximately 9:30-10:00pm when I sat on the bed I could feel the metal around the end of the mattress. There was plastic on the mattress, if you looked under the bed you could see part of the material from the mattress hanging down. About 5 min after we got there, my husband went to find out about getting another room, and the office was closed! I have very bad allergies to dust mites and I had to use my breathing machine twice while there. The bathroom was terrible, the blinds on the bathroom window were broken and when yo closed them, you could still see through them. This place should be condemned and tripadvisor should be ashamed for listing this hell hole. We had it booked for 2 nights because we were visiting Gettysburg but we only said one night and that was one night too much. I am asking for a refund and complaining to and reporting conditions to whoever will listen to me.

Room Tip: A good room would be at another motel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank judyclaus

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Trumbull, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I booked a month in advance and when we got there she did not have the room with the queen bed that I reserved. So she sent me to a hotel called Blue Sky Hotel down the road that they owned and no one got any sleep because there were no thermostats in the room to set the heat. Either way the hotel looked like a dive. Will book earlier next year so I can get a nice cabin. Expedia called them about them not having the room I booked and they would do nothing.

Room Tip: Bring a tent instead. It would work just as good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DeeDevaney

Travellers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a cheapy - and re-enforces the saying ... you get what you pay for. It is 4 miles from Gettysburgh township - and some undesirables lurking in the doorways. The manager was a nice guy working hard to keep his clients happy. The room was clean - but old and poorly maintained. The curtains would not move - so we tied them back. Plastic mattress cover - gave me the feeling and sound like I was sleeping on a packet of 'chips' !!! Old mattresses dumped down the back ... and breakfast was a glass of orange or a coffee in the tiny office foyer. Just a nights stay is all you could call this motel.

Room Tip: Stay in Gettysburgh and pay more.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen F
McAllen
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Not in Gettysburg, rather in Biglerville; a few miles out. Room was not bad considering the check-in lobby was fairly nasty. Overpriced at $90 dollars including tax. Stayed in Room 15. Carpet was clean. Bed and bathroom were clean but bed had a plastic liner underneath and outside was a stack of old rotted mattresses. Hmmm. Makes you wonder. Hilarious sign on wall over the toilet paper holder. It read, "Please do not throw anything in the toilet except toilet paper or the plumbing alarm system may turn on." Would I say there again? Yes, but I would hope I could find something better for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
new york city
Reviewed 3 July 2010

when i was looking at the prices of all the motels it was pretty expensive for the night until i found north ridge. i was skeptical that it was going to be a shady place but the room looked just like of any other major hotel chain. it cost me half as much and since i didn't need any amenities ( just a bed and shower) i got a great deal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple