“Great Place to visit”

Gettysburg Museum of History
Ranked #5 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum that was featured on History's "American Picker's" The Gettysburg Museum Of History has over 4,000 artifacts on display. The Museum is FREE TO THE PUBLIC! The Museum covers all areas of American History. Military and Political History are the focus with some pop culture covered. Some highlights include: A lock of George and Martha Washington's hair, Abraham Lincoln's wallet and opera glasses,John Wilkes Booth's splint relic, the largest collection of Gettysburg battlefield relics on display in Gettysburg, an autograph or manuscript from each president, Harry Truman's hat, Dwight D. Eisenhower's golf clubs, JFK's rocking chair, suit, and bloodstained limousine upholstery from the assassination, the flag that flew during the attack on Pearl Harbor, Shell casing from Ruby's gun that Killed Oswald, Hitler's silver that was captured by U.S. forces at his home. The Fredrick G. Pfeffer collection of relics from Pickett's Charge. The Robert L. White collection of JFK, The Captain Good collection (wounded in action at Gettysburg) includes the items he used during the battle and the bullet that wounded him! Uniforms,flags, accoutrements, weapons, documents, photos, much much more!The Gettysburg Museum Of History also buys artifacts as well as sells them. Please stop by and see the most amazing collection in Gettysburg at no charge!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This museum is one of a kind, you will be amazed by the detail that has gone into this place. The work that went into the battle scene up stairs is something else. Enjoy.......

gmoh, Manager at Gettysburg Museum of History, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We are glad you enjoyed our museum and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This museum is unique and has something to spark everyone's interest! There is history from many decades and centuries, as well as pop culture material such as the Elvis section. The collection of JFK momentos is phenomal! And the list goes on! We plan to keep stopping in on future trips to Gettysburg ( which it is free admission/donation only by the way, and you can't help but leave a donation on your way out after you have been wowed by his collection. )

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed our unique displays. We always try to keep it interesting for our guests. We appreciate your support as we continue to keep our museum free for you and your family. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Do not miss the museum. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Civil war is right here. We kept thinking we were at the exit, but it just kept going. Great stories and artifacts.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. The amount of artifact from all eras never stops! This place is a must for any Gertysburg travelers! Eric the owner is a great guy who will take the time and answer any questions you may have. 10 out of 10. My only complaint is I did not find this place sooner!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First off let me say I've been coming to Gettysburg for almost 20 years. My dad started bringing me when I was in elementary school and this year my wife and I came up for our 1 year anniversary. We decided to take a walk downtown because I've never really explored it before. On our way down we passed the Gettysburg Museum of History. I had never been in there before so I decided to check it out. Dear God. I absolutely loved this place. I yelled to my wife every 20 seconds to come look at this. I even called my dad when we got out and told him next trip we have to come back here. In my opinion this is better than the Civil War Museum Gettysburg has. They are both good but this museum has lots of other things that aren't civil way related. Just a great, great place. Go out of your way to visit.