“LOVED IT!”

The Lodges at Gettysburg
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have been to Gettysburg several times and stayed in several different places, but we will never stay anywhere else again after staying at The Lodges at Gettysburg! I especially loved the fact that it was away from the "touristy" part of town but close enough for convenience. The property is beautiful, peaceful, and immaculate with all the amenities of a hotel/motel but none of the tackiness. The fully equipped kitchen was a pleasant alternative to a generic continental breakfast, and their eco-friendly policy reflects a welcome respect for the preservation of the battlefield. Special thanks to the staff who were very helpful when we asked but otherwise left us alone. Ours was a truly superior experience in every possible way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail M
Denise S, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

"LOVED IT"…that is music to our ears! Thank you for choosing The Lodges at Gettysburg as your favorite vacation spot. Your kind words are very much appreciated! Can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here when the Lodges first opened a few years ago, and we've been anxiously awaiting our return. We were certainly not disappointed! The property is just as beautifully rustic as we remember it. Although a better description could be modern rustic. We stayed in a Captain's Lodge, which offered great views. Inside, we were greeted by a spacious living room/kitchenette. We had a sink, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, along with silverware, glassware, etc. A few minor issues came up, such as some wayward stink bugs (which can't really be helped this time of year). The floors around the edges of the room were a bit dusty and in the bedroom there were broken crayons behind the night stand. I really only noticed this because I had to plug in the fireplace and the bedroom lamp and clock. It would have been nice if they were plugged in prior to our arrival, but perhaps that's a safety thing. The phone didn't work at all, but we didn't report it because it wasn't a big deal to us. Also, the couch in the living room was very uncomfortable because the cushions keep slipping into the area where the pull out bed is located. A few pillows from the bedroom helped. We loved the bathroom with the slate shower! And the makeup mirror under the sink was a great touch, especially since the only mirror in the lodge is in the bathroom. A full length mirror, maybe on the door in the closet, would be very helpful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I haven't had a goodnight's sleep in months, and I finally had two in a row! The mornings were so peaceful, and we were even greeted by a fawn walking across the field behind our cabin! The drive to town only takes a few minutes and isn't by any means an inconvenience. We like staying a bit out of the way. All in all, we loved our second stay at the Lodges at Gettysburg. When the kids are a bit older, we plan on returning with them. The Captain's Lodges can comfortably accommodate 6 people, making it the perfect choice for a family vacation. Until then, thank you Lodges for some peace and quiet before our newest addition arrives!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lena1428
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are pleased to hear your "baby moon" weekend was peaceful and quiet! We do appreciate your feedback and and tips for future guests. We can't wait to see your new arrival and hope that you will visit us again very soon with the "whole" family!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here in January. The lodge we had was roomy and we loved the decor. It is a little outside the town but has a nice view. We had a deal that was supposed to include certain bonuses like some beer and wine tastings along with some money at certain restaurants. We got the tastings. However the restaurant credits turned out to be a coupon I think anyone could pick up and something that was closed all the days we were there. When we told them the restaurant was closed they had nothing to offer to replace it. There was breakfast included which was ok but nothing special. We also had to check out early due to a snow storm but no offer was made for any credit. Obviously they didn't owe us anything since we checked out late in the evening. It just would have been nice if they even offered a discount for a future stay, especially since we couldn't use one of the restaurant credits we were owed due to their misinformation about restaurant hours. I would, however, stay here again for the convenience of the facilities and location and because it was quite attractive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your lodge and our location. We do appreciate your feedback and certainly hope you come back again soon. We are glad the weather held up and you were able to travel home safely!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the Lodges over the weekend with my sister, her fiancée and another friend of ours. We stayed in 2 of the Captain's Lodges. My sister had a King bed room and my friend and I stayed in a room with 2 beds. The "cabins" are fantastic. New. Clean, Modern. Comfortable. There is a small kitchen (microwave, fridge, Keurig coffee maker, coffees, hot chocolates, tea, plates, silverware, cork screw, etc), spacious bathroom with beautiful slate shower. The "cabins" have high ceiling with exposed wood beams. The main Lodge serves a continental breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, yogurts, waffles, bagels, croissants etc along with coffee, tea, oatmeal packets. It is a nice touch. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the views from the top of the ridge are stunning! There is a lake on the property that is beautiful and a nice touch.

I have been coming to Gettysburg since childhood and I also graduated from Gettysburg College in the 1990's. I visit Gettysburg often for weddings, class reunions, get-togethers and just fun weekends with friends and family. I have stayed in a variety of locations and I now consider this location and resort to be one of the top choices! I recommend it to others and I will stay again. Even the towels in the bathrooms are plush, extra large and fluffy which is so much nicer than regular hotel bath towels. The beds are comfortable, clean, great pillows. This was far better than what I was expecting. The level of luxury was fantastic and a nice surprise. I also noticed that there was no dust on the floors, no dust on the window ledges, no dirt or dust bunnies lurking in the corners and no fingerprints on the mirrors or windows and yes, I notice those things. Great job Lodges!! Keep up the great work and high standards!

Some things that I would recommend to make it an even better stay and add that extra touch.

1. Please add mirrors to the living room/bed area. The mirrors/mirror in the bathroom is great but when you have a few girls/women getting ready at once, the mirror(s) in the bathroom only is not enough. We kept saying that having a mirror over the desk area would have been a big help in the morning especially for drying hair and putting on make-up.

2. Breakfast: It would be great to add a bowl of granola to add to the yogurt in the morning AND at least one warm chaffing dish of eggs. The breakfast spread was great but very carbohydrate rich (Bagels, muffins, croissants, waffles, oatmeal) and due to some dietary restrictions it can make that selection limited. I think that the addition of a warm dish of eggs would take the breakfast offering to the next level and be a nice touch.

3. Creamer in the rooms. Unless I missed it, there were K-cups for coffee, hot chocolate, tea but I did not see any powdered creamer for the coffee. I did not use the in-room coffee machine but I did notice that was missing. As well, if you added a "pay per use" snacks-in-room or water/soft drinks in the fridge as a pay-per-use mini bar/snack area, that would be excellent!

Do not hesitate to stay here. It was fantastic and I WILL go back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank julesmd1974
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you very much for the detailed review on Trip Advisor. We value all feedback and suggestions from our guests, so this is great! We loved having you visit and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

For the price, you can't beat the luxury, privacy or the views. This place is total perfection. Hubby and I stayed for two nights from fri, 3/21-sun, 3/23. The weekend was so perfect that we are already planning a fall weekend back here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a few miles from town, but it is totally worth it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased to hear you will return in the fall, it's such a beautiful time of year here in Gettsyburg. Thanks for choosing our Lodges as you vacation spot!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This trip was over a weekend in March as a "get-away" with friends. The individual cabin we had was excellent for our long talks into the night and a central location from which to tour the Gettysburg area whether the battlefields or local wineries. The "very good" rating reflects some attention to detail that we felt was lacking - for example, awkward direction the bedroom door swung and the hide-a-bed couches need new cushions so that sitting on the folded bed was comfortable. (We solved this by taking the decorator pillows from the beds to sit upon.) I also tried to schedule an on-site massage at the separate spa but despite multiple calls, never received a return phone call. Regardless, it is a spot I'd return! The two queen beds were very comfortable and the bathroom shower (no tub) was well-appointed with nice towels and toiletries provided. The kitchenette area has no stove but does provide a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, and sink/counter area with two counter stools. Some dishes and flatware was also provided. Staff were very responsive to a heating issue we encountered.

Room Tip: Cabins on top of the hill have great views of the valley area! Depending on the orientation of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are so pleased to hear your "get-away" was a success! We do appreciate you feedback and have made some notes accordingly. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of a busy work week! Our lodge was the Ohio! My husband and I loved staying here! Check in and check out was quick! The room was so cozy and the king size bed comfortable! The view was breathtaking. The staff was friendly and offered their recommendations of things to do while in Gettysburg. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast though. Our stay was extremely pleasant and appreciated the quietness of our surroundings! Highly recommend staying here! A unique place!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Family41232
Denise S, Social Media Manager at The Lodges at Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

"Fantastic Stay!!!"….music to our ears! Thank you very much for the kind words and for choosing The Lodges at Gettysburg as your vacation spot. We are glad you enjoyed your time here in Gettysburg. Come see us again soon!