“Great time!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I visited here yesterday with my Beagle Parker for a photo. We had a great time! The owners where very nice and made you feel welcomed. Our picture turned out great! I will do this again in the future.

All reviews
in 101 reviews
in 72 reviews
in 70 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was a terrific experience and we are just thrilled with our photo and the reaction of friends and family. The owners could not have been more pleasant and thoughtful and the entire experience was just a delight. Do not miss this opportunity to experience what it would have been like to have had your photo taken in 1863 in Gettysburg. I would love to do this again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I found this place through Tripadvisor and was surprised to see that a photo studio was the most popular attraction in Gettysburg. I asked my boyfriend if we could go here and he said sure. Then the government shutdown happened and our weekend trip looked to be jeopardized. One week before leaving the shutdown ended and our trip to Gettysburg and Washington DC was back on.

We booked our appointment for the first time slot that Saturday. We were greeted immediately when we walked in. Packages and prices were explained to us and then we were whisked away upstairs. The wife helped me get dressed while the husband set up things with my boyfriend. I was impressed with the amount of clothing and accessories that they had. I had seen in a previous review that they even had clothes for plus sized ladies. I told her I had NO idea what my dress size was since I had recently lost almost 100 pounds and she told me that one of the dresses would even fit women 5X. If you are worried about not fitting into anything then please worry no more and book an appointment!

My boyfriend picked his alliance to the north or south and his ranking and he was suited up. It took one snap of the camera and we were satisfied with the first try. I realized that my tattoo near my collarbone was showing and she said that they would edit it out.

We chose the digital package with 1 8x10 and 2 5x7 and she told me it would take a half hour for them to be completed. We walked the Gettysburg National Cemetary for an hour since it was only a block away and when we got back to the studio the pictures were ready.

They turned out AMAZING. I am seriously blown away at how great they are. My family, friends and coworkers raved about the quality of them. The price for this experience was well worth it. The service, friendliness, and quality of this place is fantastic.

Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Sphyxy
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The husband and wife team who run this business really love what they do and it shows. We had so much fun dressing up and the end result we will keep for ages.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was great! We got the tin plate photo. They showed us how the photograph process worked and the chemicals they used. It was very different from novelty old time photo shops you see at theme parks. We walked in on a Friday and they were booked solid, but luckily they had one spot open on Saturday and they are closed on Sunday. We were lucky but I would advise anyone that they should make a reservation before they go. This was a very special thing that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. My only suggestion is to be more organized than I was.