“One of our favorite memories!”

Victorian Photography Studio
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you want to capture your family's precious vacation or get striking Civil War images , Victorian Photography Studio can make it happen with our extensive Civil War Wardrobe . You can count on us to deliver what we promise. -We offer 19th century Wet-Plate photography with a short hisory lesson on how the process was done. -We also offer the less expensive modern Digital photography.and Now you can rent Civil War clothing for any occasion.Come on in and see some 19th century cameras and props.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift
Brick, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of our favorite memories!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a great time. The owners are so friendly and make you very comfortable. My husband does living history and had his own uniform. I have never dressed in period clothes and was a little reluctant but was going to do it for him. Thanks to them I had a really enjoyable experience and must admit even liked playing dress up. She knew exactly which dress to put me in and had my hair up in 5 seconds flat. She posed us and took our picture. We then reviewed it to make sure we liked it before she printed it. We were in and out of there in 45 minutes but never felt rushed. When my kids are a little older and learn some patience, we will definitely be back for a family shoot. Our family and friends loved seeing our portrait and plan to get their own done when they visit.

Visited May 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“What a Keepsake”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was by far the highlight of our trip. We got an absolutely fantastic photo that looks true to life at a very reasonable price. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I will be recommending this to all my friends and family.

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was so much fun putting on the old fashion wear from the 1800s. Victorian dresses and military uniforms. Needless to say, the pictures look fabulous and very authentic. Something I can't wait to share with others. My only complaint was that the experience was very rushed. They get a lot of business and being even a few minutes late can take away from the full experience.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must do!!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had read the reviews here before traveling to Gettysburg and decided this would be a neat souvenir. Well I didn't expect it to be fun and just a general pleasant experience. I actually got to watch the vanishing of a glass plate and it was amazing. The fact they have kept in tact the bare bones essence of victorian photography techniques as well is something to speak highly of. The couple that owns this studio have really done their research and the final product shows it. You won't be disappointed promise.

1 Thank lar1363
nj, usa
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Activity on a rainy day”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I had a great time. My 5 year old twin daughters, and my wife, loved dressing up in the gowns and having their pictures taken. The staff was friendly, competent, and efficient. Well worth the time in Gettysburg.