“"Wonderful" does not do this place justice”

Inn at Lincoln Square
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I've been to Gettysburg well over 200 times in the past years and have stayed at every place in town. Years ago I stayed at this Inn when it was under prior owners and management--swore I would never stay there again. A few weeks ago I was going there to promote my new book. I also went to see some friends. All places were booked for the entire weekend, but I found this place open, begrudgedly looking to the stay even though I had to. Upon finding it under new owners, and following up on their website, I was truly suprised at what awaited us--but that was the internet pictures, and the proof had to be in the pudding. Asking for early check in--which was accomodated without the slightest hint of a problem, we arrived at our suite. Beautiful--elegant and yet cozy in a way a Gettysburg home can only be, we were met with smiles and lavish surroundings. To our surprise, our caretakers allowed our friends who were already down there to go into our room earlier that day to surprise us with our favorite beers in the frig upon arrival. Perfect hosts they both were, genuinely interested in our every need and comfort. Would I stay there again? In a heartbeat. Hats of to a business that has no shallow or fake motto about their place to lure guests in, but has a motto that actually speaks with their actions and a service, both attributes focused solely on their guests' comfort and care.
Frank Mroczka,

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Inn at Lincoln Square

Reviewed 6 October 2010

What would you say to an elegantly appointed suite complete with four poster bed decorated with handmade quilts and pillows, original artwork, a small fireplace, a roomy tiled bath with a large tub/shower and two sinks, and a cleverly concealed kichenette? How about waking to a farmers market and sidewalk fair right on the square outside your window? Would you like to be able to walk almost anywhere you'd like to go? Then the Inn is for you! The ambience on the square is lively and entertaining during the day, but by bedtime, it miraculously quiets down to allow you a comfortable night's sleep. We left our car in the inn's convenient, private off-street parking and walked or biked everywhere we wanted to go. The owners, Linda and Peggy, are so professional and friendly, you feel like you've known them for years! Don't miss experiencing this place!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Over the yearsI have stayed at almost every B&B and hotel/motel in Gettysburg and as much as I love the town, I have always been less than thrilled with the places I have stayed. I have finally found the only place I will ever stay again when visiting Gettysburg: The Inn at Lincoln Square! It is really special. Right on Lincoln Square in the heart of town, with parking right behind and a lovely courtyard, it is quiet and peaceful and the suites are enormous. They are just beautifully decorated with huge windows overlooking the square and you can walk out the front door and shop and dine in the downtown area. The King poster bed was sumptuous with really quality sheets and a gorgeous quilt and the bathroom was huge with fabulous towels, not the cheap white thin towels that so many places have. The fully-equipped concealed kitchen is terrific with an expensive one-cup beverage maker. It's all in the details and, WOW! -- the Inn at Lincoln Square has it ALL!!! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple