Open today: 09:00 - 21:00

from US$8.95
More Info
from US$35.00
More Info
All reviews scale model birds eye view great overview minute presentation sound effects artillery ridge three days entire battlefield entire area gift shop electric map different areas walk around better understanding battle field first stop battlefield tour
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We went here first to get a visual idea of what happened where before doing the auto tour on our own. It really helped us know more about what we were looking at on the tour. I would highly recommend doing this!

1  Thank asreed75
Reviewed 27 June 2018

It is an amazing site to see the miniature display of the Gettysburg area, and the battlefields. In conjunction with the movie presentation, the lights and effects make for a riveting and educational experience. The other items and "shadow boxes" also were very good to look at for scenes of the war.

1  Thank 844jeannettek
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Came here most recently with a 4-H "Time Travelers" club made up of youth and parents. It provided them with a great overview of the Battle. The detail of this HO scale diorama is truly impressive. If you never played with toy soldiers you will still like it, but if you ever set up battles all over the living room floor like I did when I was little, you will be in heaven. For the most part they are the same type of soldiers(Airfix) I had (actually still have) all those years ago. This really is a must see. And the related Spirits of Gettysburg attraction is fun as well, with some nice effects outlining the story of Jennie Wade,and Lee's thoughts on the battle. A nice "Blast from the Past" (pun intended) are pieces from the old Wax Museum. Not high tech but great piece of nostalgia and a look at what the tourist attractions were like in the day. In the hallway from the Diorama to the Spirits of Gettysburg is a very well done shell and weapon display. The gift shop is nice and there are other diorama displays on the 1st floor. The staff was very accommodating with our group, giving us the group rate and allowing the families to pay individually. My only minor objection is that i could have used more time to just look over and admire the details of the Diorama!

1  Thank Ave B
GettysburgDiorama, Manager at Gettysburg Diorama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for the great review and for recommending the Diorama

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Last week I took my wife for her first visit to the Gettysburg battlefield. One of the items on my list of "must do's" was a visit to the cyclorama. I viewed this 360 degree representation of the battle(s) decades ago and was transfixed by the detail and imagery. this was the first I had visited since the most recent restoration/update was completed 10 years ago...it was fabulous! I recommend seeing the movie and the cyclorama before visiting the battlefield. The battle has crucial movements and engagements that take place over the 3 days and it really helps you connect theareas of conflict together when you are out looking at the geography.

1  Thank Chris F

I'm sorry but this is the Gettysburg Diorama, a 800 sq ft model of the entire 6,000 acre battlefield thank you

Reviewed 18 June 2018

30 minutes detailed presentation of the battles with sounds, light effects. very detailed diorama and great presentation