“Never Again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Cleveland, Ohio
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family & I were not happy. First when we got there Shannon was very rude to my mother when she was checking in. We looked past that thinking maybe she was having a bad day. Then we walk into our room and noticed on the bathroom curtain there was a dry bloody burger on it. Then on the curtain above the a/c there was more spots of blood. And what really makes us never want to go back was the sign they leave for you that is in the bathroom. Please use your same sheets as if you were at home, and reuse your towels. Thats just sick! who does that? You pay for hotel service and get that to read. And as far as their breakfast you dont get alot to choose from. It took my family and I 8 hours from Ohio to get to Gettysburg to come to a hotel like that. "NEVER AGAIN" I rather spend the extra few dollars and go to Comfort Inn next door. Just some advice Super 8 work on Shannon because she needs to learn some Customer Serivce Skills. & to tell your cleaners to check everything before they leave a room. We stayed there for 3 nights and the curtain in the bathroom never once got clean, or either did our sheets on our beds.

Room Tip: Choose Comfort Inn or Days Inn not Super 8.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to apologize if you found your room anything less than satisfying. I have located the room you were in and corrected the cleanliness issues.
As far as Shannon, she is actually one of our best employees and get great comments about her daily. I am sorry if she may have "rubbed" you the wrong way. I have spoken with her though to ensure there are no further issues.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was a renovated Super 8 that on the surface was not too bad. For a budget hotel overnight stay it would be OK since the rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Service was very friendly but that finishes the compliments. The halls smelled heavily of smoke. There wasn't an elevator to the second floor. The stairways outside were dirty and rusting, the interior stairs weren't much better. Breakfast was weak and crowded in the small dining area. The television was very old and had terrible speakers. Free WiFi was easy to use. Overall an OK stay but I would not stay here again, just a little too "budget" for my taste.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. We plan to go to all non-smoking early in the year 2014. We hope you would try us again.
Granby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at this Super 8 because of the Gettysburg reenactment and it was the only lodging open. Paying $212 a night for a Super 8 hurt but it was convenient and the only game in town. It was OK and the clerk at check in was very good.The room was dated and the pillowcases on one bed had a gross stain on them and needed to be replaced. Breakfast was nothing special but served its purpose. Nothing in this stay made me want to stay at a Super 8 again, not with Hampton Inn being not that much more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I am glad it was "OK". We try our hardest to ensure each and every guests stay is clean and comfortable. We also know that we are a Super 8 and not a Hampton that some may prefer.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed unfortunately it was bike week. The kids loved the pool. I enjoyed the hot tub. We got stuck with the smoking room.... gross. No WiFi. I called front deck and was told to call a 1800 number... also no premium channels. I called desk again. I was told they only have one channel but we could find It. I called again was told Iits either channel nine or 23... nope. I will look for another place next year. The breakfast was okay kids loved it. I guess I was just annoyed by the lack of things promised.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you reviewing your recent stay with us. I apologize that you encountered issues while with us. The HBO channels are there, you just have to surf as our Comcast line up is always changing. The WiFi does have to be trouble shooted through a 800 number as that is how it is all set up, which you can do from the conveinence of your room.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we appreciate the feedback.
Livonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

The room we stayed in was suppose to be non-smoking, but it reeked of smoke. When I went to the desk to notify the clerk, she gave me a can of spray that was suppose to neutralize the smell. We sprayed the room and left for several hours. When we returned, the smell was no better. It would have been nice if we could have switched rooms, but was told they were all booked.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I apologize about any inconveinences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate any and all comments as we strive to make each and every guests stay as pleasant as possible.