We recently spent two nights here. There was a price difference between Thursday night and Friday night, but with our AARP discount, it was very reasonable.
Our party was three people - and we felt that the room met our needs.
The room had two queen sized beds, (a must for us), two chairs and a small round table. The is a dresser, which TV sits on, two phones, a small fridge, small microwave. Bathroom had tub/shower, (turning on the shower was a bit tough, but it worked well), and toilet. The sink, with small counter is outside of bathroom, which we actually prefer.
A/C / Heater unit appeared to be newer and worked well. The unit made noise when the A/C kicked on, (haven't stayed in a hotel with a quiet unit yet.)
Did not hear noise from other rooms - although we did hear other people if they were talking in the hallway near our room or when their doors closed, (also common for all hotels we stay in.)
Beds were comfortable, bedding comfortable. Towels were a bit 'rough' but about what I would expect for the rate we paid.
We stayed upstairs on second floor, (there are only two floors) - there is NO elevator. Not a problem for us - but may be inconvenient for some.
Pool and hot tub were on first floor. Open 9 am to 10 pm. Children are not suppose to go in the hot tub unless they are 16 or older. Adults should supervise since there are no lifeguards. There were only about five or six chairs in the pool area.
There was free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. There is one printer and one computer in the main lobby. there were also two sofas and a TV in the lobby. 24 hour coffee/tea in the main lobby. Tables and chairs which some used to met family/friends in the evening and all used for breakfast in morning.
Breakfast, which was included, was available from 6:30-9:30 during our stay. There were two very popular waffle makers for use at breakfast. Hot egg "rounds, two types of cereal, bread (but no bagels or muffins) for toasting, and some sweet buns during our stay. Juice, coffee, - the usual were available as well. No fresh fruit.
There are several casual restaurants nearby, including a Perkins that you could walk to. Within a short driving distance there are gas stations, stores, pharmacies, etc. Short drive to downtown attractions and the Gettysburg Memorial Battlefield.
There was only one person working at the front desk any time we walked through the lobby and during our check out and check in. I think that they should consider adding another person on busier nights. On Friday evening, we had to wait about 5 minutes for her to finish folding towels and bringing them to the pool area.
I don't usually stay at Super 8s - but I would recommend this location and would stay here again. This hotel offers the indoor pool that the Days Inn, which is located right in front of this hotel and was more expensive, does not. For us, this was the deciding factor to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Super 8 of Gettysburg, PA. We are conveniently located exactly one mile from the center of Gettysburg and two miles from the battlefields and the related attractions. We are positioned closely to the crossroads of US Rt 30 and US Rt 15, directly behind Perkins Restuarant. On your next visit to Gettysburg, please come stay with the Super 8 and enjoy our SuperStart breakfast, free wireless internet, and indoor pool/spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Holiday Inn Gettysburg
- Super Eight Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Holiday Inn Express
- Gettysburg Super Eight
- Gettysburg Super 8