“Great for a family stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for a family stay”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We went skiing at Ski Liberty and stayed at this hotel. It was about a 1/2 hour from the slopes, but was perfect for our family. We had a suite which, albeit small, was fine. We could stay up later while our kids slept in the other room. The pool has a decent indoor pool and a very hot dipping pool/jacuzzi. This helped burn off the kids remaining energy and sooth sore muscles from skiing. The breakfast buffet was standard and got too crowded, but we appreciated that it was included. The front desk was very helpful. The hotel is right next to the outlet malls if you feel the need to go shopping. Gettysburg is a charming historical town with a lot to do. Overall, this was a fine, no thrills family hotel.

Room Tip: Get a suite if traveling with family.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dana-n-David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Allentown, Pa
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My wife and I took advantage of the large discount offerd by this hotel for 2 days on New Years weekend. Booked a studio suite with a king bed. Room was nice with 2 seperated areas and 2 TV's and a sofa bed. Room and bath were very clean. Bed felt a little hard and lumpy. TV's were old and in large cabinets and could use some upgrading. Rooms would seem a lot larger with flat screens.
Breakfast area was busy and especially busy on New Years morning when there was no place to sit. We made a later attempt to eat and found a table and had to clean it first. The 2 women on duty seemed to be overwhelmed by the large crowd. There were a lot of large families with some very undisiiplinned kids whitch were making a huge mess. Had to feel sorry for the 2 women who were doing ther best. They did keep the food area stocked and everything was good
Pool area was nice but again busy. Pool is small in comparison to most hotels, but the sauna was bigger then most.
Hotel is very close to the battlefield visitor center. (5 minutes). We also walked across the parking lot to TGIFridays for dinner on our first night. Good food and very handy. Outlet center is also an easy walk.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PennaWright1
Fairfax VA
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was Christmas shopping at the Outlet Mall.
The staff was warm and friendly. My room was a studio suite on the ground floor and fit my needs. The bed was comfortable till my second night there when a felt a sharp on my side.
I got out of bed and felt around the sheets to find a push pin inbedded between the mattress cover and top sheet.
I was scratched from the pin. The following morning I took the push pin and went to the front desk to tell them of the problem. Surely the housekeeping would have found this pin when they made the bed I told them. I was given a refund for my room and an apology.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank deedeeFairfaxVA
travelbwj, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
deedeeFairfaxVA,

On behalf of all of us, I wanted to apologize for what occured during your stay with us. Cleanliness and guest comfort is our number one concern for all of our guests. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations while they're with us, and this incident is certainly not up to our standards. We have reviewed all of our housekeeping procedures to ensure that such an event never occurs again.

If you would like to contact me personally, please do so at: bjohnson@hlihotels.com

Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for your review.

Regards,

Bryan Johnson
new york
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from an 8 day trip to Gettysburg (with our 2 Siberian Huskies) and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. I originally picked it because of the "pet friendly" accommodations and can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is! Everyone is so friendly, helpful and informative - from the front desk, housekeeping, breakfast staff etc. no matter who we saw we were always greeted with a smile. When booking I asked for the largest room because of the 2 dogs and was advised to take the VIP Suite. Wow! This was like an apartment - huge living room which extended to a dining room with table & 6 chairs, wet bar with refrigerator, sink and microwave, huge separate king size bedroom (very comfortable beds) and large bathroom. There was also free wifi and 2 televisions in the suite. The hotel offered a free hot breakfast which was excellent (eggs, waffles, sausage or bacon, cold cereals and a variety of fresh fruit, breads and muffins) - and they constantly refilled everything. What I liked best is that breakfast was served until 10 AM every morning - not the usual 9 AM on weekdays as in other places. There is a nice size indoor pool, large hot tub and and exercise room too. The location is perfect - across the parking lot is the Gettysburg Outlet Shops and it is less than 5 minutes drive to the Visitors Center and historic Gettysburg. There is a TGI Friday adjacent to the hotel too. To top it off, this was probably the most pet friendly place we have ever stayed - they even had biscuits in the lobby for the "doggies" - next to the 24 hour free coffee and chocolate chip cookies for the "humans". All in all it was a wonderful 8 days and I would strongly recommend this Country Inn and Suites to everyone - especially if you are traveling with your 4 legged friends!

5 Thank cardiology
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My stay was inadvertently booked for the wrong month and at the last minute on a full Saturday night they upgraded us to a full suite for the same price - and they would have put us at an even better place (other hotel) for the same rate if they couldn't. Great, friendly customer service- full spread sit down breakfast, clean, comfortable room. What more can I say - for $79? Would stay there again in a heartbeat - did I mention it was on the same property as the huge outlet complex - within walking distance!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob W
New York
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We have stayed at this hotel the last four Thanksgiving (father in law lives nearby) .

Nice kids pool and hot tub area (little workout room that is decent enough)
1Bedroom Suite is great for a family of four (has a lot of room 2X Queen Beds + foldout sofa and a fridge + microwave)
Breakfast is nothing fancy but nice to have
Very near a great outlet mall (he hit the black Friday specials and save a lot of money)
Free chocolate chip cookies
Very clean

I highly recommend paying in advance to get the rate down (we paid $85-90/ night)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 320 (1 Bedroom Suite) the view is of the roadway but it was quiet.
2 Thank stetson
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is a great place we stayed for 2 nights. Nice breakfast which is free. We had eggs, potatoes, and bacon. They also had waffles and numerous other items, a wide variety. Nice indoor pool and jacuzzi. Room was clean and place was clean and not noisy. They also had hot chocolate, tea, and coffee anytime you wanted, also chocolate chip cookies. Shopping Outlet and TGIF restaurant right outside front door. Plenty of parking. Within a few miles of Gettysburg National Park Visitor Center, and easy to get to. Would go again.

1 Thank edpeck