“Great place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Everything was clean, staff was friendly and they allow larger dogs. We only stayed one night but would have stayed longer if they had availability. We ended up an accessible room but it was close to the outside door.

Room Tip: Book ahead in the busy summer months
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Perdystravelspots

Reviewed 17 September 2013

When my husband & I go on our business trip to Nashville we like to stay in the Country Inn & Suites
I felt since we are always pleased with this hotel we should try the one in Gettysburg
We were not disappointed. We got a room with a jacuzzi & 2 queen size beds.
There was a frig in the room along with a nice size tv.
We were very happy to see how clean the room was.
There was an excellent variety-of things for breakfast. cold cereal, muffins, a waffle maker along with fruit & yogurt were some of the choices.
This hotel is located next to a wonderful outlet which included Claire's, Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Bon Worth. A bookstore & many more stores
It is also 5 minutes away from the visitor center & around 10 minutes from the town.

We definitely would go back to this hotel when we travel to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Check in was smooth. Everything seemed fine. We dropped our bags and then went to eat. Upon return we looked at the bed and noticed a huge stain. It wasn't underneath but right on top. No way housecleaning could not have seen. Young man at desk came up and then changed the sheet out. He was fine but tried to tell us it wasn't a stain but worn out. Either way should not have been used. Note dogs are allowed. You will see them in the hallways and lobby. We were lucky and did not hear barking.

Room Tip: Recommend make sure not next to ice machine as they have a room right next to it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSHS1974
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have stayed here a couple times and have not had any problems, but when I pulled down the sheets there was a large stain noted on the fitted sheet. When I was standing at the vendor machines getting something for my children to drink, a housekeeper started to come down the hallway and seemed annoyed she could not get by due to the tight space. Seeing she looked annoyed I told she could come down. She gave a quick "thanks" and went where she needed to go. Also the breakfast area was dirty with dropped silverware on the floor and the counters were dirty. The eggs served are horrible. I normally don't take the time to write reviews but I was not impressed with this stay.

1  Thank Laura B
travelbwj, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Laura,

Thank you for your comments. Our #1 concern for all of our guests are your comfort and the cleanliness of our property. I certainly apologize that this time around, we fell below our quality standards that we set for our customers. I have utilized your comments for training with all departments so that upon your next visit, we can meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had heard about this hotel and outlet mall from a friend so I took my daughter for a back to school shopping weekend, I LOVED that we could walk to the mall and we also enjoyed having a large suite with two tvs. I think my expectations were too high for service and cleanliness. The hotel was busy and the staff kept saying that--check in took forever because the poor desk clerk also had to be answering the phone that rang constantly. The rooms did not seem "fresh" , I don't know how to explain it. Breakfast was okay, but not great. Cookies at check in were in a jar on the counter that really needed a good cleaning. Not like the other Country Inns with the fresh , hot cookies set out for you. Price of room was rather high for what we got. Would rather stay elsewhere and drive to mall.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We've been guests of this hotel in the begining of august.
A very nice family hotel.large fully equiped rooms in a location that every history fan like me will appreciate and not only americans.
excellent breackfast and great outlet and restaurnt near by.highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Carlson Country Inn provided a clean, convenient spot to stay as we visited the Gettysburg Battle field last week. Room was clean and large Included hot breakfast was satisfactory, with several choices. Located on the Baltimore Pike minutes from the National Battlefield. Staff was for the most part very efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor front has front porch area right outside the windows. May want to avoid due to smokers.