“Why Haven't I Stayed More Often?”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm a historian in my free time and a retail management professional by day. I come to southern Pennsylvania on a pretty regular basis to work with several of my locations in the area. I've bounced around hotels in the area over several years. I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for the first time on my last visit. Wow. What an instant and recognizable difference from my other experiences. Don't get me wrong, the other locations I stayed at were nice...and I say nice because they weren't bad, they just weren't as good as what I experienced here. Beautiful lobby and building. Amazing front desk staff and customer service. The room itself was spotless, almost as if I was staying at home in my own bed. I cannot stress what a great living experience I had for the 4 days I was set up here. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable, beautiful, customer friendly location to set up shop on business or just visiting the historical sites of Gettysburg! My compliments to the locations management and staff! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: Go with the manager's choice! Excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank itsmecwb

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it was the only one I could find in the area that offered a two-room suite set-up. It's clean, and the personnel are helpful and pleasant, but it's kind of a bare-bones place, with minimal furnishings and amenities in the rooms, which are cramped. The towels are thin, but plentiful. The sofa bed is reasonably comfortable. Unfortunately there are no premium cable channels on the TV, nor any pay-per-view movies, but a multiplex is next door, as is an outlet shopping center. Breakfast, which is included in the room price, is the typical waffle machine, cereal, fruit, baked goods set-up--perfectly fine, with decent coffee. I will probably never have occasion to come back to Gettysburg, but if I did, I'd spring for a bit nicer spot.

Room Tip: We chose a fist floor room for convenience and were pleased to find that it was very quiet (although...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very nice clean hotel. Upon check in inquired about why I could not find the government rate when I made the reservation and the clerk check and stated he was able to give me a discount on the rate which started the visit off to a great start. Location was just outside of downtown Gettysburg so it was quiet but still easily accessible. Breakfast was very good hot breakfast and many things to choose from. Cookies at front desk were very good. Pool and hot tub were both nice and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were surprised with this room because it was in the process of being updated and had no headboards, no baseboards, no mirrors except for the bathroom and no pictures, etc. This inn is fairly large and not too busy that evening and so we could not understand why we were given this particular room. We were not given a price break so we question why? We should have complained but we were very tired and had been driving all day so we just let it go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was a little concerned about staying here after reading some of the reviews but I wanted to be where my workshop was going to be held. I arrived and they were under construction. The front desk clerk was nice, not necessarily the most friendly.

Parking was amble.

I headed up to the room to find it very clean & comfortable. There were plenty of towels, soap, & shampoo. And the wifi was free.

A nice experience, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melatz53
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Our family, friends, and greyhounds stayed April 23-27. Even though the hotel is under-going updating, we had a great time! Of special note is Johanna who went out of her way many times to be helpful, kind, interested, and address problems - always with patience and grace. This is one of our favorite locations and hotel brands - and we will be back. Thank you, Johanna!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had read other reviews after booking, before arriving, and were dismayed to find out the hotel is under construction. They failed to let us know this. When we called to ask them about it, they indicated it was as bad as the reviews said, and nothing could be done about it (not even a discount). Since there were no other rooms in our price range available in Gettysburg, we kept our reservation. When we got there, they had no record of upgrade that we had booked, and so we ended up in a very unfinished regular room instead of the family suite we had booked. Mysteriously we were able to get it the second and third nights because it was open (probably because we had booked it, but somehow they couldn't figure this out). They also gave us mistaken information about the outlet shops next door, so we planned a shopping day on Sunday due to their advice, only to find out the shops were closed that day due to Easter. In the end the hotel was clean, the breakfasts were great every morning, but it sure didn't feel like a nice place. It was obviously "under construction" yet nothing seemed to be progressing. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gettysburg, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Sometimes improvements are very necessary to keep up to date in the market place.