“Great stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We had a great stay at this hotel, it was close to the Battlefield Park, shopping (if you want it) and places to eat. Bed was comfy, room was clean, free breakfast was nice. We will be staying again!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I had to stay overnight before a long day of sales in York/Lancaster. I've never been to Gettysburg before and it is a lovely area. this hotel was just as good. i felt comfortable and really enjoyed the relaxation of my room. I'd recommend to anyone going to Gettysburg to stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I found myself in Gettysburg by whim, actually-- one of those, just drive out of the city and go anywhere just to get away. What fortuitous grace of the universe led me to the Country Inn & Suites!

I didn't have a reservation, obviously, but the front desk representative was very helpful and accommodating, and dare I say, charming. Made me feel young again!

And the room! Oh, the room! It was the paragon of commodiousness, really. The most comfortable king-size bed I'd ever slept in! Really top-notch comfort and charm without being overly opulent. I slept on clouds.

And woke up to a fantastic breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Doesn't serve lunch, but after that heavenly bacon, I never wanted to eat anything else again.

Overall a great experience and I would choose the Country Inn & Suites again on my next excursion.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
jdelozier, Regional Vice President at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, 25 June 2010
Dear Vagabond9999:

I can't thank you enough for your very kind words about our Country Inn & Suites By Carlson in Gettysburg, PA. I truly appreciate you taking the time to post this review about your stay with us. I am glad that your escape from the city led you to Gettysburg. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. We are especially glad that we were able to make you feel "young again"! Know that we are here for you the next time your travels bring you our way.

Hospitality Lodging Investors, LP
Regional Vice President
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My parents are big history buffs, so we brought them to Gettysburg over the Mother's Day weekend. We had a great stay and enjoyed being so close the Outlet Shoppes (more for me than my parents!) and the battlefields. The room we stayed in was great and I loved the ambiance of the lobby area. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful as we were looking for the best route around town. We just loved Gettysburg... will definitely go again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
jdelozier, Regional Vice President at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate so very much your kind words about our hotel and staff. If I can ever be of any assistance to you while traveling in the Gettysburg area, please feel free to contact me directly at jdelozier@hlihotels.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to Gettysburg again soon!

Hopsitality Lodging Investors
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I am typically on the road 3-4 days out of the week traveling for business, and when my travels take me anywhere close to Gettysburg, I try my hardest to book a room at this hotel. Not only am I satisfied with the location (right off rt. 15), but the outlets, movies theaters, and quick access to downtown Gettysburg without the endless loud crowds that come with staying downtown (ghost tours) is why I choose this hotel. Moreover, the customer service and "helping hand" attitude I always receive at this hotel makes me want to come back even more. I have stayed in other hotels in Gettysburg, when this hotel is not available, and the Country Inn & Suites is hands down the best hotel for you value whether you be a traveling business person or a family. Is every stay better than the last? No. Am I always satisfied? Yes. Trust me, I value my sleep after a busy day. The beds are always comfortable, temperature is always right where I want it, and it's quiet. I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We are honored to be your "Frequent Rest Stop". Thank you for your kind words! I appreciated your comments about always being satisfied. Please know as much as possible we would also like to make each stay better than the last. If there is ever anything we can do to better serve you, please let us know! In fact, if I can ever be of service to you while traveling in the Gettysburg area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jdelozier@hlihotels.com.

Hospitality Lodging Investors
maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2010

stayed at this hotel on our way home from Lancaster Pa.
Well situated for shopping and historical area.
Staff here was great, room quality good, and the continental breakfast was
vast.
Passing through or visiting Gettysburg, Highly recomended. Easy access from hwy 15.
The Village outlet store are within walking distance of hotel, as is, the theater and resturaunt. Good Stay!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Hi Maryland Rooster!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Gettysburg Country Inn & Suites. I am glad that you find our location convenient and I appreciate your very kind words about our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon. If I can ever be of any assistance to you while traveling in the Gettysburg area, please do not hesistate to contact me directly at jdelozier@hlihotels.com.

Hospitality Lodging Investors
Virginia
Reviewed 22 February 2010

The Country Inn and Suites in Gettysburg, PA, seemed like a reasonably good deal for our money. The suite offered a separate sitting room with a sofa bed, chair, TV, and desk. The king bed mattress in the bedroom was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. During our three-day stay, however, we were very frustrated by the linens on our bed. The first night found us tossing around, because the totally inadequate mattress pad had come loose and the fitted bottom sheet had no elastic left on it. The result was a big wad of bedding that kept accumulating underneath us, causing discomfort and pulling the linens completely off of the bed. On inspection in the morning, we found that the mattress pad was to be held on with elastic bands, which were torn and not even attached to the pad. We mentioned it to the cleaning lady, only to find that the same thing happened on the second night. The following morning, we completely stripped the bed, hoping that they would remake it with new linens. The third night found us in the same predicament. It was clear that the cleaning lady had put the same mattress pad and sheets back on the bed. On check out, we reported the problem to the desk. No apology was given, only excuses. They told us that "the owners," whom we assume to be Carlson, would only allow them to use those particular mattress pads and linens, and they had no choice in the matter. From that statement, I have to assume that everyone else in the hotel lost nights of comfortable sleep, as well.
Given the fact that the hotel was quite busy on the weekend that we stayed, as evidenced by young children screaming and running up and down the corridors, I find it hard to believe that others shared our predicament. If that were so, very few people would choose to stay there. Consequently, we were very disappointed by the failure of hotel staff to acknowledge our problem and to even attempt to make us more comfortable. The excuses were an insult to our intelligence and a remarkably feeble attempt to pass the buck as a way of avoiding the problem.
I have never written a negative review of anything before, but I believe that it is important for others to be forewarned about the lack of pride this hotel takes in its customer care.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bullrunbelle
Please know that we take reviews like yours very seriously. The last thing we ever want to offer our valued guests are poor excuses. I certainly understand why you feel that these poor excuses were "insulting". I ensure you that our staff does take pride in our hotel and I am sorry that you encountered a situation that did not demonstrate this.

If we have not already been able to make this situation right for you, we would truly appreciate the opportunity to do so. Please contact our Bryan Johnson, our general manager, at 717-337-9518 or contact me by email at jdelozier@hlihotels.com.

Hopsitality Lodging Investors