“Such a fantastic place!! A great girls getaway, romantic getaway, etc!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at White Oak
Ranked #7 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My sister and I first stayed at the Inn at White Oak last October (2012). We stayed for my sisters sweet 16th birthday. Jillian and Sam were amazing! We received an excellent upgrade and we had previously arranged to have a birthday cake in the room upon arrival. The room was fantastic! We stayed in the General's Quarters. It is a huge room with so many windows in the room. There is a huge bathroom with a whirl pool tub and also a separate bathroom that has the toilet and a stand up shower. The room has a huge deck right outside that has several tables. We had a wonderful fruit plate, cinnamon roll and eggs benedict for breakfast. So good!

Trip two- Aug 5-Aug 6th 2013. My sister and I once again returned. We were met with such wonderful surprises! Due to a last minute cancellation, we received a great upgrade and also a nice "Facebook" discount. A fantastic addition this time was the indoor pool that is now on the property! The pool area is stunning! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous! I cannot say enough good things about this place! Jillian and Sam as well as Jillian's parents are just so fantastic. My sister and I went to get tea about 15 minutes before breakfast this morning, and Jillian's mother was not having any of that! She promptly asked us what type we would like and brewed us each a pot and delivered it to our table. We had a fruit plate, a maple pecan muffin and egg souffle. It was incredible! The maple pecan muffing was my favorite! We enjoyed the movie room as well, there is a great selection of movies to choose from as well as a popcorn maker in the back of the movie room!

I am already thinking of when I can come back! This place is incredible! A four inch pillow top on the mattress made for an excellent nights sleep!!

I highly recommend a stay at the Inn at White Oak. Everyone should go at least once :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. I would choose a room based on whatever price range you can afford, they ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank saritchie
There are newer reviews for The Inn at White Oak

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I needed to getaway from our hectic lives for a weekend and decided on Gettysburg since it was only 2 hrs from our home. We found the Inn at White Oak via an internet search and decided to look no further. I'm a fan of hotels because you never know what you'll get with a BnB. Well, let me tell you...Jillian, Sam and her parents, Jay and Jeanne, were incredible. The home and property were both beautiful. The home's decor was absolutely gorgeous. Jay greeted us and gave us a nice tour of all the common rooms, including the guest kitchen and a movie viewing room with a great selection of dvds. Our bedroom and bathroom were beautiful as well, and felt very roomy and private. We had a tv with dvd player in our room and a 2nd set in our sitting area. What a great place!! We enjoyed a walk on the property and wished we had time to take a dip in their wonderful indoor pool. Downtown was only a 3 mile drive down the street which made it very easy to make the most of our one full day. If you want comfort, privacy, cleanliness, friendly hosts, and fantastic breakfast foods served as if you are at a 5 star hotel..then the Inn at White Oak is the place to book!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank melissam7268
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I woke up in my own bed this morning after my second trip to the Inn at White Oak. I was so sad that Jillian was not cooking me breakfast this morning!! Each morning you awake at the Inn she prepares an amazing three course breakfast that really gets your day started right! I love it how each morning she begins the meal with a fresh fruit plate. Then we had a delicious maple nut muffin (they were very careful to check with us for allergies!) Finally we had an amazing egg soufflé with sausage and a biscuit!! These breakfasts are so delicious and filling, they make your stay so worthwhile!!
The rooms are even better than they appear on the site. The rooms are clean and very comfortable! I also love how each room has PLENTY of towels. The Inn also has great wifi! Beyond your own room the Inn has spacious property for your explore. I enjoyed reading by the pond!! The pool is also beautiful and a great place to relax.
You won't regret your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, the rooms down stairs have better views of the property!!
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend here to celebrate our 5th anniversary. I can't say enough nice things about how much we enjoyed our stay. The Inn itself is well maintained and decorated beautifully and the grounds surrounding the building offer a great view. The staff here is amazing. They were all warm, friendly, and very welcoming. Breakfast in the morning is fantastic! You will not need lunch. The owner really knows how to cook! We had a couples massage in the spa (on property), I don't have much experience with spas to compare it too, but I was not disappointed. The massage was very relaxing. I liked the fact that there was a game/ billiarsd room and a movie room (DVDs could also be taken back to the room) which provides extra entertainment should the wether be bad.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Commander's Quarters and felt that it was well worth the price. It is a large...
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have never been to a bed and breakfast before and I was a little nervous about being in someone elses home. However, Jay, Jeannie, and their parents were incredible and I felt like I was in my own home growing up. I don't think I will ever stay in a hotel again.
We came to Gettysburg because my boyfriend is a civil war fanatic and when looking at where to stay this place surpased them all. Very upscale, up to date, and new. We stayed in the Generals room and it was very private and the views were incredible. We had a very nice time.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had come across the Inn on a website I cannot recall, and when I saw the pictures, I knew I had to visit. I honestly was not all that interested in visiting Gettysburg, but rather this Inn. I am glad I did, it was an amazing experience. We stayed in the Commander's Quarters. I liked this room as it was away from the others and provided more privacy, had a huge deck, the views from the room are stunning, and it is beyond spacious. The Inn is extremely well kept; it is immaculate. The details that have been put into this Inn are astonishing.The breakfast is amazing, you will definitely not be hungry afterwards, and the innkeepers are extremely warm, caring, and eager to please. They make sure you are truly satisfied with your stay and will assist in any way that they can. I loved the indoor pool, and the grounds are just stunning. I wish I had explored the grounds more, but I am sure I will be back so I will have the opportunity to do so another time. I highly recommend this Inn. I cannot say enough good things about it. It is wonderful and perfect. If you go, you will truly feel like you are in another world.

Room Tip: The Commanders Suite is on the opposite side of the Inn from the other rooms; so this provides more...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Only good things to say about every aspect of our stay. The host and hostess, and her parents, catered to our every need. Both the interior and exterior of the building were exceptional. Our bedroom, which was the General's Quarters, was spectacular. For all the benefits we enjoyed, the price was quite reasonable.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends