“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at White Oak
Ranked #7 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great setting, fantastic property and wonderful experience. If I lived in the USA anywhere near Gettysburg I would want to visit here as often as I could. Really enjoyed my stay and was just sad it was only for two nights.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at White Oak

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I rarely (never!) get away for a romantic escape. The opportunity arise and we decided to spoil ourselves a bit. This was our first B&B and I imagine it will be tough to beat. Convenient location to tour Gettysburg....beautiful woodland setting....lovely and comfortable rooms.....amazing hospitality.....and absolutely decadent breakfasts. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lissabeck
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I have been going away for our anniversary every year since we've been married and this is the only B&B that we've had a repeat stay at. We stayed at the Inn at White Oak for a second time this past February and it was just as wonderful as the first time. The owners are so friendly and accommodating (I was even offered some cold medicine because I was feeling under the weather). They are there when you need something without being overly intrusive. You truly feel like their home is yours.

The Rooms: The first time we stayed there we stayed in the Captain's Quarters which was nice and cozy. The bathroom is huge and the tub was very relaxing. The shower was a bit small considering such a large room...and that's the only complaint I can even think of. Our second stay was in the blue room--the Major's Quarters. I loved this room even more! It was easier for me to get to, being on the first floor (I have some medical issues), but it is adjacent to a couple other rooms. Having said that, I never felt there was a privacy issue. There is a nice size jacuzzi tub in the room, and a large shower in the bathroom (big enough for 2 people). Loved the flat screen and electric fireplace for ambiance. And the temperpedic bed was very comfortable.

Now the very best thing about this B&B is the food! Holy molee is the food outrageously good! We even bought Jillian's cookbook because we decided we just can't live without the pecan muffins. I love that breakfast isn't at the crack of dawn...enough time to sleep in a get to breakfast on time. There is also a common kitchen for the guests to use with two Kuerigs and coffee, tea, and hot chocolate stocked. And there is always little goodies left in there too...chocolates and home baked deliciousness.

The entire house is spotless. Seriously. I don't think I could find dirt even if I wanted to. There is a pool table, games, and large media room with the most comfortable recliners. The grounds are great as well. They were just finishing the pool when we were there, so we weren't able to take advantage of that just yet.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. It's comfortable, cozy, inviting, and the food is amazing. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: They have a fantastic website...what you see in the pictures is what you get.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I stayed August 9-10 in the Colonel's and General's quarters. We preferred the Colonel room because of the sun room and queen bed. The view in the General room was gorgeous in the morning. Enjoyed the pool house and the grounds. The hosts were so nice and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this inn a few times over the past couple years and love it so much we made reservations two years ago for July 1st through July 7th for the 150th anniversary of the civil war re-enactments. It was an incredible experience, particularly with the re-enactments taking place on the property next to the inn! The owners, unlike all the other hotels and bed and breakfasts did not increase their rates which made it even better. The breakfasts are always well worth the trip, the inn is immaculate and gorgeous, the views are incredible, the property is private and peaceful yet a few miles from the center of town, the new indoor pool is absolutely amazing, and the hospitality is unlike anywhere else. We had an incredible week and made a reservation to return before leaving. Thanks again Jillian, Sam, Jean and Jay, see you again soon!

Room Tip: All the guest rooms are incredible, spacious, clean with every amenity.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My sister and I first stayed at the Inn at White Oak last October (2012). We stayed for my sisters sweet 16th birthday. Jillian and Sam were amazing! We received an excellent upgrade and we had previously arranged to have a birthday cake in the room upon arrival. The room was fantastic! We stayed in the General's Quarters. It is a huge room with so many windows in the room. There is a huge bathroom with a whirl pool tub and also a separate bathroom that has the toilet and a stand up shower. The room has a huge deck right outside that has several tables. We had a wonderful fruit plate, cinnamon roll and eggs benedict for breakfast. So good!

Trip two- Aug 5-Aug 6th 2013. My sister and I once again returned. We were met with such wonderful surprises! Due to a last minute cancellation, we received a great upgrade and also a nice "Facebook" discount. A fantastic addition this time was the indoor pool that is now on the property! The pool area is stunning! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous! I cannot say enough good things about this place! Jillian and Sam as well as Jillian's parents are just so fantastic. My sister and I went to get tea about 15 minutes before breakfast this morning, and Jillian's mother was not having any of that! She promptly asked us what type we would like and brewed us each a pot and delivered it to our table. We had a fruit plate, a maple pecan muffin and egg souffle. It was incredible! The maple pecan muffing was my favorite! We enjoyed the movie room as well, there is a great selection of movies to choose from as well as a popcorn maker in the back of the movie room!

I am already thinking of when I can come back! This place is incredible! A four inch pillow top on the mattress made for an excellent nights sleep!!

I highly recommend a stay at the Inn at White Oak. Everyone should go at least once :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. I would choose a room based on whatever price range you can afford, they ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank saritchie
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I needed to getaway from our hectic lives for a weekend and decided on Gettysburg since it was only 2 hrs from our home. We found the Inn at White Oak via an internet search and decided to look no further. I'm a fan of hotels because you never know what you'll get with a BnB. Well, let me tell you...Jillian, Sam and her parents, Jay and Jeanne, were incredible. The home and property were both beautiful. The home's decor was absolutely gorgeous. Jay greeted us and gave us a nice tour of all the common rooms, including the guest kitchen and a movie viewing room with a great selection of dvds. Our bedroom and bathroom were beautiful as well, and felt very roomy and private. We had a tv with dvd player in our room and a 2nd set in our sitting area. What a great place!! We enjoyed a walk on the property and wished we had time to take a dip in their wonderful indoor pool. Downtown was only a 3 mile drive down the street which made it very easy to make the most of our one full day. If you want comfort, privacy, cleanliness, friendly hosts, and fantastic breakfast foods served as if you are at a 5 star hotel..then the Inn at White Oak is the place to book!

• Stayed: August 2013