“Good Ice Cream”

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gettysburg
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Ice Cream”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The people were nice. I cream has a great creamy texture. Creative flavors. It's ice cream how can you go wrong.

• Visited November 2013

Fairfield, CT
“Delicious Ice Cream”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

After reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor, I knew that I had to stop here when in Gettysburg. I decided to stop by Mr. G's on my way out of town. Mr. G's was an excellent end to my Gettysburg vacation; I just wish that I had come here earlier!

When I walked in, the staff was MAKING waffle cones from scratch, so I decided to get their homemade ice cream in a homemade waffle cone. It had to be the best ice cream I've ever had!

There's also some history here; it was a home during the Civil War!

In a way, I'm glad that there's not a Mr. G's in Connecticut where I live... I'd gain 50 pounds!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JackG4312
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good Ice Cream”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Mr. G's varies his flavors. He also has some different flavors that you can't get at any other Ice Cream places in Gettysburg. Peppermint Patty is my all time favorite. All of his ice cream is homemade. The prices are very reasonable. Much cheaper than any of the other ice cream places nearby. The staff is very friendly and quick to get your order ready for you. Lots of outdoor seating available, too. My husband and I love Mr. G's and go as often as we can.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank redhotslots
Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania
“First time”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stopped at Mr G's Ice Cream and got a banana split (the large one) Could not believe the price was not more for the size of the banana split (very reasonable) We will be going back.
Kathy Young
Hummels Wharf, PA

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Tasty ice cream plus a bit of history.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Plenty if parking at the middle school, interesting history of the building on the walls, "Living Witness" sycamore out front, salty caramel cone yummy. Wish it were open later on Friday--especially College Family Weekend.

• Visited October 2013