“Can't wait to return!”

Tillie Pierce House Inn
Ranked #19 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I were just at the Tillie Pierce B&B. We had a absolutly amazing time! The staff was so welcoming, made us feel like family immediately. The rooms were beautiful. So welcoming and clean. We had a blast!! Thank you Spooky, Shannon, Cori and Haley for the great stay. We can't wait to return again. It was a fabulous way to celebrate out 1st wedding anniversary.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank Chuckietgurl79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I spent the night at the Tillie Pierce House Inn, and we both agreed we WILL go back...it was a great experience from start to finish, starting with the wonderful gal who checked us in.. Shannon was her name and she is the type of person that other establishments could only DREAM about having work for them... adorable, friendly, cheery, etc. Next, the house itself... oh my goodness... beautiful from room to room, furnished to the era it was built in, and might I add extremely CLEAN. Next the very gracious hostess, Spooky, was so accommodating... there was a ghost hunt that night and we were asked before hand if we were okay with that, which I thought was very considerate... otherwise, they would have taken it elsewhere. I see someone described the breakfast as ho-hum... My husband and I did not think so at all... It was a very generous offering of muffins, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, toast (along with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and I believe honey), hard-boiled eggs, plenty of coffee, tea, juice (orange and cranberry). All in a gorgeous dining area on dishes that I am extremely jealous of!!! Beds were, by the way, very comfy in our opinion. Plenty of hot water in the morning for the shower. All in all, it was a very gorgeous house but what means more to me is the way you are treated by staff and we just loved this staff. So that is my 2 cents!!!

Room Tip: Our room was along Baltimore Street and there was traffic noise... ask for a room not along Baltimor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shspeari
Thorofare, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My best friend and I had stayed in Gettysburg this past weekend because we wanted to experience haunted places. We first stayed at the tillie pierce house...and it did not dissapoint. we loved it so much!!! plenty of experiences from...hearing marbles on the floor, a lady sighing, cold spots, flashing light from on side of the room to the other..footsteps and more! we also went on a ghost hunt with the Gettysburg Paranormal association, which chris was our leader. we went to the hoffman mansion and although it was not very active, chris was very knowledgeable and a great host! we went back to the "gpa shop" the following day to purchase a few items where we met Spooky the founder of GPA. She showed us actual footage of the tillie pierce house when they investigated it, and OMG was it amazing. I definately recommend the tillie pierce house and you ASBOLUTELY have to take a ghost haunt investigation with Gettysburg Paranormal Association!!

Room Tip: all rooms were good!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank sara l
egg harbor twp, nj
Reviewed 16 November 2011

No, she died long ago....the b & b is centrally located to the downtown village. It was clean, but lacked the ambiance of a well loved and furnished owner occupied establishment.
It was ok, but didn't knock my socks off. The furnishings were sparse in antiques, and mostly immitations. Lots of nice exposed brick, and original wood flooring. All of the rooms had NON working fireplaces...what ashame, looked great, too bad they weren't at least gas or electric log. A nice warm row brick house, within walking distance of everything you want in the village of Gettysburg.
We were greeted by a nice young lady, who gave us a wonderful tour of the house. We were the only guests that night, and had keys to our room and front door. We unpacked, and then were off for the evening. Well lit and easy to find that night, we retired for the evening. Our room was a nice room, queen bed with a shower stall. Efficicent, but no closet, a dresser, one mirror set above a pedestal sink ( crouch down to see into it if you are over 5' tall!). The bed was stiff, with a fairly well padded plastic cover on the mattress...so it felt like saran wrap.
The house is supposedly haunted, but we didn't feel the spirits...which is ok, but we would've welcomed them. The only things we experienced was the constant creaking of the house...wood floors, walls and ceiling vents, and it kept us awake all night long, along with the constant traffic noise of large trucks all night long on Baltimore St. I don't think it was spiritual, just expansion and contraction of joints, brick, mortar and wood.
Oh well...then breakfast. Bleak as it was. A nice hostess (a different girl from the one who checked us in), and we enjoyed her conversation (not the owner-another staff member). The breakfast was comprised of a few slices of white bread (toaster was there), some muffins, instant oatmeal, a couple of pieces of fresh whole fruits, and dannon yogurt, coffee, apple juice (commercial grade).
HO-HUM is the best I can say here....

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the house, as Baltimore Street is a main throughfare for trucks and tr...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shine4u
Emigsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I am so excited to write a review for this old but new B and B, The Tillie Pierce Inn. This B and B has just reopened in the heart of Gettysburg and it truly deserves support from those of us who want to see Gettysburg preserved to it's historical origin. The Home is the original house of Tilley Pierce who as a young lady saw the great battle of Gettysburg unfold before her very eyes. Her story is written and if you get the chance to visit read the book (preferably as you lay in bed in her house) and imagine what it must have been like to see the confederate army take over this quiet little town and the raging battle that followed. The Inn has been beautifully restored and it is so nicely decorated. The house now has a very warm and inviting feel to it. I have stayed at many of the local Bed and Breakfast in the area and can attest to the fact that this INN will soon be one of the more popular in Gettysburg. Susan and Johlene have done a wonderful job of making this Inn so much more inviting than it was before. The new Inn Manager, Danielle, is so sweet and helpful.The Inn has a great location on Baltimore Street halfway between the downtown square and shops and the shops and resturants on Steinwher Ave. It is the perfect location. I am sure as they move forward they will continue to improve this fabulous facility. I can tell you I really enjoyed my time visiting there and it will be a definate site of my future stays in Gettysburg. One further note of interest to those of you who are considering a night in a haunted house. YOU DO want to check this place out. we had some definate activity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOHH.

Room Tip: The suite is lovely!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo