“Perfect Getaway Weekend”

Tillie Pierce House Inn
Ranked #19 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Even though I have made several visits to Gettysburg this was my first time stay in the Tillie Pierce House Inn. We came with other family and it was their first time visiting Gettysburg, so we hoped for a good experiance for them. I have to say it was wonderful!
We were welcomed warmly and shown to our rooms. They were clean and very well decorated. My husband and I stayed in the suite and his brother and girlfriend were in the Green room.
My in laws said it was a perfect weekend, and first vist for them, and thanked us for booking our stay here.
Thank you for everything, and you will be seeing us again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ghosthuntgirl

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the tillie pierce house for 1 night. I booked the suite. The room was very pretty and the place was very clean. I didn't know there was no heat in the room. I was freezing all night. Even with all the blankets I couldn't get warn. The other guests were too warm. The parking is terrible. There are 5 rooms and parking for only 3 cars. You can't park in the street and the side street is 2 hour parking. I had to park there and hope I didn't get a ticket. Breakfast is suppose to be served between 7:30 and 10. Came down and there was nothing, I kept checking, and still nothing. The other guests came down and called the emergency number. The owner knew nothing. Said they would be there, but noone showed up. Apparently one of the staff had an accident or something, there is no one on the premises if you need something. As I was leaving I saw a note taped to the door apologizing for the inconvenience. Hmmm, not very nice. Needless to say I was not too happy. Won't be staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Krasnai
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We did try to call ahead to let someone know we may arrive late. Finally got through on Friday. I was informed they would leave a number to call after 8pm. Actually got on the road in plenty of time and then got a call from inn at 530 asking what time i would be arriving as they needed to leave by 630 PM and would leave a number to call when I arrived. We arrived at 630 PM, parking is a issue as you must park on the street. We were met by a young lady that works for another company and was helping the manager. She checked us in, gave us the keys, I had to ask about breakfast and show us our room. Now this was our 1st time, we got nothing about staying there, no history, no rules, nothing about any other dining if any and nothing if there were to be any problems (I assume we are to call the number taped to front of door). Room is nice but no way to control temp and our room was very hot the 1st night, glass in bathroom was dirty (which i brought down the next morning to the breakfast but never saw anyone by 830 so we left). The inn is very close to all downtown attractions. We were woke up early Sunday AM by other persons in the inn by 630 AM talking outside our door very loudly. We did have breakfast downstairs Sunday which was nice and food was good. I did have to ask about check out since I was never really informed about it. I would stay again for the history but really feel as being under new owners they should try to work on staffing and having more info on website about what you get while staying and more information during checking, maybe a tour of house and some history.
thanks Kimberly

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

As our first experience in a bed and breakfast, we were very pleased. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was wonderful and the staff were very friendly and helpful with advice on places to see and do. We didn't have any ghostly experience's but that's perfectly fine with us! It was a bit chilly but we just added extra covers. We would stay there again and are already planning a return trip to the area. Thanks for making our stay wonderful!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tillie Pierce bedroom. Next time we want to try out the suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tnpenny
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We went to the Tillie Pierce House Inn for a weekend getaway and Mystery dinner weekend.
There were 4 of us and we all loved it.
The rooms were clean and well maintained,
Everyone was super friendly and very helpful in making our stay very special.
The continental breakfast had a lot of choices and the tables settings were exquisite.
They offered freshly cooked bacon,fruit,homemade cookies and muffins,toast,bagels, and lots more.
I did have a ghostly encounter with a cat ghost during my last night there.
I felt something kneading and pulling my hair and then sitting on top of my head.
My blankets were also thrown on the floor twice in one night.
The inn is located close to the historic downtown area.
It is an easy walk to many of the museums and attractions.
I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone who wants to have a ghostly good time
Make sure you go on the Ghost Tour and Ghost Hunts with the real Johlene "Spooky" Riley.
You will not be sorry!!

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms and one is a suite. They are all very nice and have their own bathrooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JEWELRYLADY39
Reviewed 2 September 2012

There were some very positive things about The Tillie Pierce House. It had a great location close to the historic downtown area, and the rooms were pleasing, beautiful, and extremely clean. The breakfast was plentiful, although I would have liked some hot food. The hot water provided for hot cereal never seemed hot enough. Also, a little more attention to afternoon refreshment would have been nice. However, I was taken aback by the room temperature (69 degrees) and had difficulty sleeping. The rooms had no individual temperature controls and the vent (positioned above the bed in the ceiling) could not be closed.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My daughter and I spent last night at the Tillie Pierce House Inn and we'll definitely return. It's a wonderful inn. We were the only ones there so we had an opportunity to check out all 5 rooms. All are wonderful, each with their own bathrooms. the largest has it's own sitting room. We stayed in the Tillie Pierce room, which is the smallest but a great room. There is also a sitting room on the second floor with cable. The first floor has a beautiful sitting room, as well as a nice dining room where breakfast is available in the morning. Shannon was there and she was wonderful to us. We really felt right at home, and it was a nice respite from the hectic, busy atmosphere of so many tourists in town. I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Two rooms at back don't have street noise, although it didn't keep us from having a good nig...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family