“Clean and comfortable lodging”

Tillie Pierce House Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friends and I were on a girl's overnite. Four of us booked a deal for Gettysburg, that included lodging in the inn. The inn was very clean. My room was in the front of the house, traffic kept us awake all night. Ask for a room away from the street. The bathroom only had a big bottle of white rain body wash in the shower. No shampoo available... We weren't comfortable sharing body wash with who knows how many other people! If you want to wash your hair...? "Breakfast" was continental, not a full breakfast. as we have received at other b&b's. While the manager, Becky, was accomadating, as when all the regular coffee was gone, and friendly, we won't return. We prefer to stay where we aren't sharing toiletries with other people!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheryl o

Reviewed 16 September 2013

One of the best lodging experiences you can have when visiting Gettysburg. The house is absolutely charming…you really do feel as if you have stepped back into history. The Inn is perfectly located where everything is within walking distance and that is a huge plus for me. The Inn Keeper/Manager, Becky, is second to none. Rarely do you deal with such a pleasant, accommodating person who is genuinely concerned about the quality of your stay! Ask Becky about the house’s history, you won’t be disappointed! I stayed in the “Pink Room” facing Baltimore Street – loved it! I will be staying in the same room again later this month. It is true that the Tillie Pierce House Inn is haunted but delightfully so. Be sure to visit their 24-Hr Hospitality Room located on the second floor…generously and selectively stocked for your convenience and comfort. The TPHI has my highest recommendation and truly completes the Gettysburg’s experience…one you won’t soon forget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and it was wonderful! We stayed in the Grande Suite and it was perfect! It was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, decorated nicely, and the staff was very welcoming. We come to Gettysburg about once a month and this was the first time we stayed in a B&B and we will def be back! Not only is the place beautiful but there's something to the ghost stories they tell. Watch for the ghost cat when you make your coffee. He came running up to me before he went poof! My husband and I had tons of experiences here and we didn't mind. Just adds to the charm. We hated to leave and can't wait to come back. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tshifflett83
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My boys (13 and 10 years old) and I stayed at the Fannie Buehler Grand Suite for 3 nights in late July, 2013. We had our own tiny dining area, a nice, clean, elegant bathroom with hairdryer, a sitting room with a sofa bed and the queen-size bed with TV. I didn't encounter much paranormal activities, but the pictures we took showed several orbs in our room. The innkeeper was a welcoming, informative lady and we felt at home immediately. I loved the quaint atmosphere and elegance of the Inn. There is a 24-hospitality room with muffins, cookies, K-cup coffee, joice and yogurt in a mini fridge, as well as free bottles of water to take with us for sightseeing. The bed was not too soft nor too hard, and linens were clean and soft. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Fannie Buehler Grand Suite has a sitting room with a sofa bed with own entrance, a tiny dining a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Noriqueen
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My son and I spent 2 nights at the Tillie Pierce Inn, in the suite. The suite was roomy, and the bathroom was large as well. The hospitality was wonderful; we were given valuable advice on places to visit and dine. We had come for a paranormal experience, as the inn has a reputation. We are happy to say that we were not disappointed! Even with the unseen inhabitants, the inn has a friendly and welcoming vibe.
As for the breakfast, there was plenty to satisfy us every morning. We could eat at our leisure - another plus.

Room Tip: The suite was located at the back of the inn, so was quieter than the front rooms, if total peace an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan46480
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the Tillie Pierce House Inn for a Murder Mystery weekend. The Inn was very clean, the beds are wonderful (I would like that matress at home), and the staff very friendly. The Inn is still a work in progress, each time I see it there is sometime improved and new, an example would be the mural in the front room on the first floor. I stayed in the green room at the front, the sound from the streets is really not that much, especially as Gettysburg goes quite down at night. Being the first one in that weekend I was able to look at all the other rooms, and would stay in any one of them again. Also, if you get the chance try one of the Murder Mystery weekends they run. The only reason that I didn't put down 5 stars is that, at present, that is reserved for my favorite Inn in Rhoad Island that I have been going to for years. The tillie Pierce is headed in that direction though

Room Tip: Give the Inn Keeper a call to find out which room would work for you
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Tillie Pierce Inn last month. The Inn is beautiful. We stayed in the pink room. It was lovely. Some of the doors to the other rooms were open so we peeked in to see them too. They were all very nice. We loved the 24 hour hospitality room. We have stayed at a few other Bed and Breakfasts and, as we are not early risers, we never seem to be awake for the one or two hours they serve food. So having food available 24 hours a day was wonderful. The manager, Becky was awesome. She is very knowledgeable on the history of the house as well as some history about Gettysburg and the war. We will definitely recommend the Tillie Pierce House Inn to our friends and family and cannot wait to come back again ourselves!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple