“The Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Columbia, Maryland
“The Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

In town, there are two areas of interest - the square (shops, restaurants, etc) and the historic area (museums, more shops and restaurants). I like to stay the quiet little spot right in the middle - an easy walk to both areas. The Tillie Pierce House is right in the middle - a great location. We didn't mind that they didn't have a full service breakfast - we found the food in the hospitality area was as good as many motels' continental breakfast, and that was just fine with us. Plus there were snacks and beverages there all day. I don't drink coffee or tea, but loved that I could make hot chocolate every morning in the Keurig. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I suggest staying in the Fannie Buehler Grand Suite (of course we called it the Ferris Buehler Room...
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Exton, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my first time to visit Gettysburg and the Tillie Pierce House was inviting and made me want to revisit for a girls' weekend. The accommodations were clean. We stayed in the 2nd floor suite in the back of the house. Many people have complained of the traffic noise, but staying in the back did not create a problem. It was nice to have off street parking. The location is great. We did lots of walking and could walk to the downtown area and also up to the Dobbin House. I would recommend the location and the house.

Room Tip: Request a room towards the back of the inn--they're quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Riverside, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friends and I were on a girl's overnite. Four of us booked a deal for Gettysburg, that included lodging in the inn. The inn was very clean. My room was in the front of the house, traffic kept us awake all night. Ask for a room away from the street. The bathroom only had a big bottle of white rain body wash in the shower. No shampoo available... We weren't comfortable sharing body wash with who knows how many other people! If you want to wash your hair...? "Breakfast" was continental, not a full breakfast. as we have received at other b&b's. While the manager, Becky, was accomadating, as when all the regular coffee was gone, and friendly, we won't return. We prefer to stay where we aren't sharing toiletries with other people!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheryl o
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

One of the best lodging experiences you can have when visiting Gettysburg. The house is absolutely charming…you really do feel as if you have stepped back into history. The Inn is perfectly located where everything is within walking distance and that is a huge plus for me. The Inn Keeper/Manager, Becky, is second to none. Rarely do you deal with such a pleasant, accommodating person who is genuinely concerned about the quality of your stay! Ask Becky about the house’s history, you won’t be disappointed! I stayed in the “Pink Room” facing Baltimore Street – loved it! I will be staying in the same room again later this month. It is true that the Tillie Pierce House Inn is haunted but delightfully so. Be sure to visit their 24-Hr Hospitality Room located on the second floor…generously and selectively stocked for your convenience and comfort. The TPHI has my highest recommendation and truly completes the Gettysburg’s experience…one you won’t soon forget.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and it was wonderful! We stayed in the Grande Suite and it was perfect! It was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, decorated nicely, and the staff was very welcoming. We come to Gettysburg about once a month and this was the first time we stayed in a B&B and we will def be back! Not only is the place beautiful but there's something to the ghost stories they tell. Watch for the ghost cat when you make your coffee. He came running up to me before he went poof! My husband and I had tons of experiences here and we didn't mind. Just adds to the charm. We hated to leave and can't wait to come back. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tshifflett83
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My boys (13 and 10 years old) and I stayed at the Fannie Buehler Grand Suite for 3 nights in late July, 2013. We had our own tiny dining area, a nice, clean, elegant bathroom with hairdryer, a sitting room with a sofa bed and the queen-size bed with TV. I didn't encounter much paranormal activities, but the pictures we took showed several orbs in our room. The innkeeper was a welcoming, informative lady and we felt at home immediately. I loved the quaint atmosphere and elegance of the Inn. There is a 24-hospitality room with muffins, cookies, K-cup coffee, joice and yogurt in a mini fridge, as well as free bottles of water to take with us for sightseeing. The bed was not too soft nor too hard, and linens were clean and soft. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Fannie Buehler Grand Suite has a sitting room with a sofa bed with own entrance, a tiny dining a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Noriqueen
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

My son and I spent 2 nights at the Tillie Pierce Inn, in the suite. The suite was roomy, and the bathroom was large as well. The hospitality was wonderful; we were given valuable advice on places to visit and dine. We had come for a paranormal experience, as the inn has a reputation. We are happy to say that we were not disappointed! Even with the unseen inhabitants, the inn has a friendly and welcoming vibe.
As for the breakfast, there was plenty to satisfy us every morning. We could eat at our leisure - another plus.

Room Tip: The suite was located at the back of the inn, so was quieter than the front rooms, if total peace an...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family