“Very Pleaseant Stay with Family within budget price”

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I read some negetive feedback, but i would say this is not Marriot hotel... anyways my family with two boys stayed for two nights and it was very pleasent stay in cool and calm place... Staff were very friendly and helpful... Pool was very enjoyable for by boys... in short, its very good motel for the price you pay...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank motojj
There are newer reviews for Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg

Reviewed 8 July 2011

My husband, father and I recently stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Gettysburg. I will say that I was a bit apprehensive after having read several on-line reviews. However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The location was perfect for us - on the edge of the Battlefield, away from the hustle & bustle. The Inn is obviously older, but the rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable and the owners very friendly. If you are looking for a clean, inexpensive, quiet place to stay, I highly recommend it. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had our choice of rooms - we did need to make a special request to have a room with a microwive...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SuzyMtPleasant_PA
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My husband and I went to gettysburg for a little vacation before our son was born (I was 8 months preg) We made reservations here for the weekend. It took 15 min to check in because he had to dig our key out of a cardboard box when we finally got to our room it stank horrible!!! There were stains on the walls and celings and on the carpet. i looked in the bachroom and there was still hair in the tub. the nastiest park was when i looked under the bed i found someones dirty clothing and silverfish (which are bugs). oh and the staff was a nightmare and big surprise I couldnt understand a word they said because it was barley coheirent english. We had to stay there that night because we didnt have a choice in the matter, but the next day I went in demanding our money back (which I got but not without a fight) that night we went to a campground and went to a cabin it was very nice and very clean. out visit was in 12 Aug 2007.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Keir81307
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This is a "no-frills" place, which is great! We don't want frills, and don't want to pay for them!! We started staying here 20 years ago, when our family of five found affordable accommodations . . . . and now that our three children are in college, we STILL come here, because it's HOME now!! True, it's undergone some changes, and some different owners, but the current owner has restored and improved it. It's affordable, clean, and far enough outside of town that you don't have the noise factor. It's a comfortable place to stay - and it's always where we look FIRST for rooms!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RoundTopper
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Friendly to dogs!! Nice family runs it; gracious people. Room is comfortable enough: good AC, refrigerator. A good spot for going into G-burg or shooting down to Maryland.
Pool is nice. Stayed for a week each of the last two summers. Its ease and convenience makes likely i will return to G-burg soon. Big comfortable bed. Good prices!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank endelbendel
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was the worst hotel that I have been to! Three of our six rooms had to get changed because the water smelled like sulfur! It acttually made one of my colleagues throw up it was so bad! The guy in the office was extreamley rude to all of us! he wouldn't make the coffe unless there were atleast 7 people that were going to have some! He said that it would be a waist to make it! I would never recomend this hotel to anyone that I know and not even to people that I don't know! And to top it all off he tried charging us extra because we were using credit cards to pay for the rooms! All in All this was one of the worst experiences that I have had!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank fireguy84
Reviewed 14 August 2009

If you are looking for a quiet, away from the noise, place to relax then this is the spot. The rates were reasonable. The room was made up everyday. Only a few minutes out of town and close to the battlefield. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is may not be it. It had everything I needed in a hotel. The rooms were clean, the service was good and overall the value was there. I would stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo