“Pleasantly Surprised”

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 12 June 2007

This is your basic roadside motel just outside of Gettysburg. The rooms were better than what I expected. It looks like the rooms were renovated not to long ago. The carpet was new, and the room had nice borders along the top of the walls. The Bed/Pillows were comfortable, and the shower was good. The property had a large pool on the premises, and even though I didn't use it, the pool looked very clean. The only negitive that I had was the TV was limited (only 10 stations). I really didn't expect a lot when I booked this room, but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Titans65

Reviewed 13 October 2004

We stayed at the inn for two nights. The room was a very low price. It was really clean--to include the bathroom. ( We were in room #10 ). The staff was most kind and they went out of there way to make sure we were happy!! I can't speak for others that have been here, but our time was a good one. This very peaceful-basic service motel is just a short way from Boyds Bear Country and that made it so nice to be able to drop off our purchases and then head out to the battlefield. With what we saved by staying here we were able to treat ourselves to a one night stay at the VERY haunted Farnsworth House. But then again--we paid more for one night there than we did for two at the Red Carpet Inn. I would reccomend the Red Carpet if you are looking for the basic-no frills-peaceful little country motel!!!!!

17  Thank BJRoche
A TripAdvisor Member
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2004

If you want a room close to the battlefield at a good rate, I would recommend the Red Carpet Inn. The room was not spectacular, but kept very clean by a cheerful, friendly staff. The pool, again not luxurious, was also clean.
Cable T.V. had good reception.
I felt very secure there with the owner living on site.
Boyd's Bears, although not on my list to see, is just down the road, easy access to major highway.
We will stay there again.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Philadephia, PA
Reviewed 25 June 2004

Our trip to Gettysburg was a little surprising when we got to the Red Carpet Inn and couldn't believe our eyes. The pictures that we had seen on the internet didn't match what we saw when we got there. It looked a bit run down on the outside. When we entered the room, we noticed the window was broken and the air conditioner was falling apart. the pillows felt like we were sleeping on card board. I spoke to a few other people when they showed up and their reaction was the same. The one thing that we were thankful for was the price we paid. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you are didn't want to spend to much and didn't care how you slept.

29  Thank A TripAdvisor Member