“Visit by yourself - don't pay to go there!”

Sachs Covered Bridge
Ranked #17 of 109 things to do in Gettysburg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very nice piece of history for the area. It is significant that it wearied the area for many years, and hey, covered bridges are just very neat! Is it haunted? I find that debatable. Very debatable. Sorry, I have seen ghosts all over the country, and been in a lot of creepy places. this bridge was not one of them. We had the best time watching the 'ghost hunters' who had paid $35 for the ghost hunt find nothing. But I don't think that was the entertainment they advertised.

1  Thank Ms. Elizabeth C
in 21 reviews
"beauty"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you want the full battle experience in Adams County, visit Sachs Bridge. Both sides used it, and 150+ years later, it is a quiet and tranquil spot. Get good directions, though. Even around a small town like Gettysburg there are many twists and turns and you can easily get lost with all the roads around the outskirts of town.

1  Thank RexFoga
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am like most of people are very skeptical when it comes to ghosts or spirits. However, this is without a doubt the creepiest place I have ever been in. Not creepy because of how it looks but the way it made you feel. I didn't know much about this place than a lot of ghost tours stop by here and see "orbs" in their picture. My fam and I visited this place around 10 AM and didn't experience anything. I loved photography which is why I wanted to visit this place to get some few shots. No orbs in my picture nor I capture any ghostly activities. I, however, do not doubt that there is history in that place. Pay some respect and not litter or vandalize the place.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a lover of Covered Bridges AND history, you've got the best of both worlds with Sach's Bridge. Gorgeous bridge oozing history in one of the most historical spots in the nation...Gettysburg, PA. Very serene and a good place to visit! Highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We made a quick stop at the bridge during our recent trip to Gettysburg. It's very pretty, and a nice photo op, but probably not something I'd bend over backwards to visit.

We had a heck of a time finding it. There are no signs on the main roads. After driving (twice!) a long ways down various roads and not finding anything, we finally put the random address "1 waterworks road" in our GPS. Fortunately, that brought us to Waterworks road and from there it was easy to find.

There isn't much parking at all--maybe room for four vehicles? Turning around/backing out of the parking space is also a bit tight. Definitely don't go there in an RV! There's no restroom facilities.

The bridge appears to be a popular spot for locals to fish at. We walked across the bridge from one end to the other and back, snapped a few pictures, and were ready to go. None of us saw anything "otherworldly":-).