“Great Location, priced high but it was a holiday weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Round Top Campground
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Location, priced high but it was a holiday weekend”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We set this trip up last minute for a holiday weekend... We were offered 2 sites both with septic tanks not underground sewer. New to RVing- I dont care. FYI- take a piece of gutter or PVC pipe to keep your sewage drain line up (trip to Lowes).
We were in the Devils Den section- great location with a big turn and tight for bigger RVs. We had lot 49 and it provided lots of space and quiet. The area looked a little run down but its a campground! Everyone we spoke to was nice and helpful even the seasonal residents. Bud from 47 stopped over to check on us and see if we needed anything (apparently we looked new to this lol).
All of the staff we encountered were nice and helpful. The location is great- 2 turns and less then 5 minutes your on the battlefields. I would not hesitate to go back one day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JLofMD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This campground is right off route 15 and very convenient to the battleground and is kid friendly. Unfortunately, location is about all this place has going for it compared to other nearby campgrounds. Yes there is a pool! and yes there is a game room, but unless you are under 18, you probably won't be using them with all the kids around. The sites are stacked together offering little shade and even less privacy. Wi-fi is a pay for use deal here and if you want cable, be sure the site they give you has a hook- up for it. Round Top has a large number of seasonal campers that race around the place in noisy golf carts. Before reserving at Round Top, check other campgrounds in the area first since they are nicer, quieter, shadier, and cost the same.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SaintVitas
Dundalk, Maryland
Reviewed 10 July 2013

First and foremost I have been camping at Roundtop for a number of years, I find that the staff is very friendly and very helpful with getting you in a camping spot that you would like. Brett could not have been more helpful to get us in the spot we had wanted. We know alot of people that camp at Roundtop and we are all just 1 big happy family when we go there.

I truly enjoy camping there we have alot of fun never had any problems whatsoever with anyone
and we continue to go to Roundtop to see the wonderful people that are there visiting or seasonal.

The restrooms have always been excellent and the store stockedwith just about everything that is needed.Again I have nothing but good things to say about Roundtop and we will continue to camp there.

Great job Roundtop

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jane C
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Wife and I stayed at Round Top July 4th week cost us a lot of money for the week but we figured what the heck looked nice from the pictures. The first thing I noticed was our sight was next to a full timer who stored scrap metal at his camp sight. The next thing was the bathroom was small and very old but it was kept clean. The pool was nice but that's about it everything else was run down and needed repair . The fire pit was a old truck rim right on the road next to our car. The campground is half campers and half trailer park. The security is a joke they have very little. The staff was very nice and helpful.
We will not stay at Round Top campground anymore we will stay at either Drummer Boy or the KOA down the road.

Word of advice split the two parks apart upgrade to KOA standards and make it so you wish you didn't have to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank moose888
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The staff was extremely rude and the "manager" Brett couldn't have been more rude if he tried. I was a seasonal camper for 3 years and had a great time there until they hired him. At 9 months pregnant my site was flooded bc of one of the MANY water leaks they had there. I slipped and fell in the mud Pitt that was surrounding my trailer. I went to speak with him about this to see if we could get the water leak tended to. It was 4 days before the maintenance tended to this leak after speaking with him. Needless to say we pulled our trailer from this campground along with about 30 other seasonal campers. This man is rude, disrespectful and has no clue how to run a campground

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Shockeymomma
RTCM, Manager at Round Top Campground, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Lisa, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your comments. It was unfortunate and avoidable that your actions back on July 6, 2012 resulted in your removal from the campground. I'm not clear regarding your remarks on water leaks in or around site 259 or on the Culp's Hill area. The incident report detailing your departure notes an electrical cord failure on your camping trailer. This was due to overloaded demand from running your trailer, AC in addition to outdoor appliances. That situation resulted in a disturbance and offensive display in our camp store.
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2013

If you have a big rig and slides you do not want in Devils Den area. Sites have big rocks in them. There is only one way out and you have to go up a hill and around a sharp turn. We have a 36ft fifth wheel and I had to walked behind it and watch so we could get up and around the turn to get out and we was very close to hitting trees. My husband drives truck so he has a good idea what to do, if it was someone else, don't know how they would get out. Also this area you have a big black tank you hook-up to for your sewer. Never was told this when making the reservations. I left a review on their website but it was never posted. Guess they only post the good ones.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy K
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Met the owner at a camping show in York, PA, I asked him exactly where his campground was located, he said it was off Route 15, I asked him if you could hear the traffic and he said no! Well sorry to say all you hear at night is tractor trailers and cars racing down the road. Our site surrounded by roads and was extremely close to the site next to us. The seasonal campers would constantly drive their golf carts all night around our site. I don't think I will ever stay here again, it cost me 54.90 per night!

• Stayed April 2013