“New ownership is the pits Labor Day week end store closed at 5:00pm no one thre”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Round Top Campground
Littlestown, PA
Reviewed 29 September 2005

We have been going there for years but will not be returning in 2006 from the being of this year could tell the management team didn't care about the customers no one was there when we called, emailed or during the week in the evening the poorest service of any campgrounds we have been to. The new ofice staff personel is very rude and came across as if they don't care the upkeep of the grounds is bad and no emprovement at all we'll be spend our weekends in another part of gettysburg

P.S. IF THE PLACE WOULD EVER GO UP FOR SALE LET ME KNOWWE'RE INTERESTED

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Round Top Campground

PA
Reviewed 30 August 2005

Oh, I wish I would of read the previous review before camping here! That reviewer is dead on-"Beware Round Top Campground!!!"
August 24, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Scituate, MA" the money.
The reason for all the inconstancies is that this campground is run by a church and they are so cheap that the only workers are...get this volunteers! You have to pay extra for everything like swimmimg even to play ping pong! This is white trash/redneck city, I am not kiddding. This is not camping like I am used to. The whole reason to camp is for the beautiful scenery, you are yards from a main road and 1 foot from other campers! Everyone is packed in like sardines. It is so dirty and muddy, weeds everywhere. Oh I am so mad, this was a pricey campground $30.00 a night for this crap! I have spent way less in state park facilities and they were beautiful. The restrooms were treated accordingly too, huge hair clumps in the drain and people leaving their trash behind. I felt like a hillbilly. Not to mention leading up to this I couldn't get them on the phone...I should have seen this as an omen or something and stayed away. Their website is very misleading! This is also a warning to anyone who decides to ge here anyway and thinks I'm kidding about all this, there is a little red haired redneck about 4 foot tall who lives there year round with his family who will bug you your whole stay...asking for beers and not leaving. I saw campers leave and the new campers come in he would go down and start on them! Obviously looking for a hand out, he says he is the camp host and talks about lighting off dynamite like it is funny...I am not kidding. This place is insane. TERRIBLE PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scituate, MA
Reviewed 24 August 2005

This place is terrible: appalling customer service and abysmal facilities. In all my 30+ years of camping, I have never been so disappointed with a campground. Weeks before our trip to Gettysburg, I contacted Round Top to see if it would be appropriate for our needs. We were planning on tent camping so wanted a quiet, private campsite. I was assured that our site was very nice (in the woods, very quiet, private) so I made a reservation for one night. The day before we were to stay at Round Top, I called the facility to confirm that we were all set to check in the next day. I was told that they don’t take reservations for one night. Strange, I said, because I had a confirmation number. Oh, the woman said, then (after a pause) yes you are reserved for site T4. I again asked, is this a quiet, private site? Yes, I was assured. The next day when we arrived and proceeded to check in, I said, “ Hi. We are checking in. We have site T4 reserved.” The woman explained that T4 was unavailable- but they did have T2, T3, T5, T6, etc. It was then I really started to worry- they gave away the one site I had supposedly reserved? From there, things went downhill. You cannot imagine our surprise when we drove down to our site and saw that it was literally YARDS from a major divided highway and feet from other campsites. Not quite the quiet, private site we had been promised. When we told the manager that we couldn’t stay, she explained that our deposit was non-refundable, but we could get a credit to come back another time. Yes, perhaps the highway will disappear and be replaced by a lovely forest somehow. So, obviously it was a very bad experience. While the worst thing was the customer service, the facilities were also terrible. Everything is dirty and run down. It’s too bad because maybe at one time it was nice. If you read this and decide to look at hotels, the Best Western right in Gettysburg center is gorgeous. I didn’t get to look at the KOA, but it is in a very nice spot (away from major highways) and a local told me it is very nice. Good luck!!!

• Stayed: August 2004
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2005

Can't make reservations via telephone - nobody answers. The playground needs a lot of work - the playhouse has a broken slide that is still in place. It should be removed and replaced. The bathrooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sharpsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2005

We have stayed at this campground many times in the past - however, we cannot get a response to make reservations this year. We know that the campground has changed hands, but without reservations, we will not hesitate to look elsewhere. We have square danced in their wonderful hall and would like to continue to do so.

• Stayed: August 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hampden, Maine
Reviewed 30 November 2004

My husband and I and our kids rented one of the cottages there this past June and fell in love with it. We can't wait to go back next year. The thing I loved second best (after just being in Gettysburg at all) was the fact that not once did I, or anyone in our family get bit by a mosquito. Being from Maine, that was a pleasant surprise! We would recommend this to everyone!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sparrows Point, MD
Reviewed 25 November 2004

My wife and I & our Granddaughter liked it so much here, we requested to go onto one of the "perm" sites, and now we have one. Very Friendly, and will go out of their way to help you if you need help. Would recommend to anyone!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member