“Great romantic getaway weekend in a Cottage!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Round Top Campground
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Had a fully furnished/loaded cabin with a coupon on their site (2 nights for 1 price). It was VERY clean, we had our own fire pit outside to cook on, enjoyed the kitchen ammenities and the cozy bed to sleep in! This was a great 3 day romantic getaway for us and we would recommend this quiet campground to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ash8410
There are newer reviews for Round Top Campground

Reviewed 17 October 2010

Well, as previously stated . . . THIS PLACE IS NOT TENT FRIENDLY !!! I should have known something was up at check in when a departing customer was very angry about something. Unfortunately, I paid in advance. Then you're lead through this nice quiet travel trailer grounds, to the back of the property where you set up next to a MAJOR highway. Instead of hearing crickets throught the night, you hear the racing of vehicles all night. If that were not bad enough, even after quiet hour, if you try to call the office about noisey campers, you get an answering maching. But, rest assured . . . you message WILL BE IGNORED the next day. Such a lovely place. So . . . NOT customer oriented. Look around before you stay here. I found State parks with camping within 15 miles of Gettysburg . . . only wish I'd found then before spend a dollar at ROUND TOP CAMPGROUND AND MOBILE HOME PARK.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kingschild1959
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This is the worst possible place to camp. Not only is it dingy and rundown, but the morons that they staff at the front desk can't even relay a message to their managers.

My husband and I choose this place because it was right off the highway and had tentsites that had their own bathroom. But when we arrived we pulled up to the site and it was literally 20 feet from a major highway. The noise was incomprehensible and so we left to find another campsite. We called them to tell them that we highly unsatisfied because we had requested a quiet area specifically and no one told us that there is no privacy or quiet because you're nearly sitting on the highway. So the idiot who answered the phone said "uh, okay, I'll have my manager call you back" well still to this day, no one has called back. I emailed and Carrie Freeman, the property manager has tried to make up excuses like other people have stayed there and their "policy" blah blah blah.

Do yourself a favor and go stay at Gettysburg Campground instead. Yes it's a little more, but it is so worth it. I wouldn't stay here if it were free!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank need4finerthings
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Hesitant after reading some reviews on here, so did not go with the best expectations. Also, first "camp" type experience for our family, so really didn't know what to expect. We stayed in one of the 8 person deluxe cabins. Cabins themselves were very clean and linens and towels were plentiful and fresh. Cabin exceeded our expectations.
Campground seemed well maintained. I guess I could see what others commented on as far as some sites looking cluttered, but they truly did not look dilapidated or messy in any way. We were there mid-week, so it may be a different situation than weekends, but overall, the grounds were quiet and little traffic coming through. The pools were also very clean, as were the bathrooms/showers near the pool area.
Visited the camp store hoping to find milk, but they didn't sell any. Did have a variety of cold drinks, candy, items for smores, etc., as well as souvenirs.
Overall, we were pleasantly surprised and would definitely consider returning. We used a mid week discount from their website which allowed you one free night when you booked one, so we got a great price for a family of 7.
In terms of location, it was located within a few minute's drive of the attractions we had planned to see.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mommy2mrf
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We had never been to the Gettysburg area before, so we had no idea about the campgrounds. We were very pleased with our stay at Round Top. We needed lodging for my husband and myself, my 12 year old son, and my 22 year old daughter and friend. Needless to say, multiple rooms were needed. We were trying to keep the trip inexpensive, so the 2-bedroom cottage(sleeps 8) in the campground turned out to be perfect. We had a small kitchen, plus a deck, picnic table, and fire ring. The campground had a pool gameroom and all the ususal amenities. Check-in was a breeze, the cottage was spotless. The staff was as helpful and cheerful as they could be. I would highly recommend this spot which is conveniently located about 4 minutes from the National Park Visitors Center.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Stayed at Round Top for 4 nights with my 7 yr old daughter. I paid for 3 nights and got the 4th free! We both enjoyed our stay. The campground was very clean and attractive. Did not go into the bathrooms, as I had my own. The pool is huge and well maintained. The staff were very friendly inside the office, as well as the one maintenance worker I conversed with. The time I spent there was very quiet. Yes, you can hear the traffic from Highway 15, but I find that at many campgrounds and I am able to ignore it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I realize Gettysburg attracts Civil War Reinactors due to the history. HOWEVER, that is fine for the battlefield or public parks. Not a campground where people go to relax, unwind and rest.

The reinactors were camping at Round Top this weekend and without warning, BOOM, BOOM. Kids, babies and pets were surprised, frightened. Me too. Trying to relax and unwind was a joke, one would begin to relax or nap, only to have the earth shake with the reinactors firing their weapons -all without warning, so you would tensly wait for the next round.

What is the management thinking? They should at least tell/warn you when taking reservations that it will NOT be a relaxing environment.

The campground is messy, many trailers surrounded by junk. It looks like the waning days of this campground, I believe their best days are behind them and it is sinking into more of a trailer park environment.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends