The Eisenhower I(or EI) is very old and is severely lacking in TLC and general upkeep. While I was there an electrical fire occurred which resulted in over 20 rooms being without electric for a substantial period of time. The internet service is below poor in both the EI and EII. The staff at this location is severely in need of customer service training-virtually no one EVER smiled and I was there for a week. Linens were very poor, something I wouldn't even use to wash my car with. Food service was abyssmal and the lounge runs really short hours. The housekeeping staff was first rate and did a great job, which may have been the only shining light during the visit.
Definately stay in the EII if you can as those rooms have microwaves and frigs. The double sinks in the bathroom area were a plus. The room had good mattresses and pillows, which was a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg