Just returned from our annual trip to Gettysburg, stayed again at the Eisenhower, for location convenience only. This hotel has potential but as curretly run, it misses the target in so many ways: tired, stained carpets, peeling wallpaper, analog TVs, dreary decorating, etc. etc.
It isn't really dirty, just old and worn. There's nothing wrong with old, the White House is old and no one considers that a dump. It's just that the Eisenhower was done up cheaply to begin with and has not improved with age. Everything needs freshening and updating, from the shabby bathrooms (wrinkled pink shower curtains? Really?) to the worn bedspreads.
The hotel is spacious and there are nice touches, like the Tudor-style doors with brass kickplates. But the whole place needs a ten million dollar reno, minimum.
Front Desk staff is often rude or dismissive of guest concerns, this is such a constant that it has to be a reflection of Management. The Eisenhower is like an inn run by Great Uncle Tanoos without the gracious guiding hand of Great Aunt Tilly. There's no feeling of courteous welcome, of care and concern for the comfort of guests. The bare minimum will do, and don't complain if there's no hot water for a shower, just keep the water running till the water gets hot!
Our stay was OK, but only just. And I really feel for the employees who have to respond to TripAdvisor reviews with continued apologies for poor service and inadequate accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg