“Worst hotel ever... In all of the world.”

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is gross. Like straight gross, we did a ghost hunt to the building in front of this place, and it was cleaner. We actually cancelled our second night ten minutes after checking in. I would rather spend the night in a dumpster behind a cloth diaper cleaning plant. This is the worst day of my life. I feel somewhat bad posting this from their wifi as I sit in my room, then I think to myself about how the toilet has stains on the seat. The pool hasnt been cleaned since my last time here. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to think about staying here. My wife is staying in another hotel and I am stuck in this dump.

Room Tip: Stay at the cashtown inn, or the brickhouse in getttysburg. The eisenhower will.make your soul weep...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mike L
ShaunacaJames, Sales Manager at Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Mike L.,
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasurable. I have brought your concerns of cleanliness to the attention of our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not occur again. I do wish that during your stay you would have mentioned your dissatisfaction to our staff so that we could have rectified the situation immediately. I do hope that you will give us another chance during your visit to the area. Please feel free to reach out to me directly during your next reservation.
Thanks,

Reviewed 15 July 2012

In its hey day this hotel would have been fantastic but it is tired and battle weary. It was clean and convenient and that is the only good thing I can say about it.

If you happened to complain about no hot water or no wifi, then the standard response is I will have to call the engineer.

Sorry the staff were all very good and it's not their fault that money to update this hotel is not forthcoming

Room Tip: Don't bother unless some money is spent on it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grimble
ShaunacaJames, Guest Relations Manager at Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Grimble,

Thank you for you comments as well as choosing to stay here at the Eisenhower during your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered and I hope that you were able to take advantage of our other amenities we offer. I have forwarded your comments to our General Manager for review. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Okay needed a room to stay the night in Gettysburg. For 139.50 a night one would expect to at least receive a free breakfast. They not only do not serve free breakfast, but the rooms need remodeling. The ceiling tiles are molded from a leaky roof and the television has color distortion. Would only recommend if desperate for a stay.

Room Tip: It is not a Hampton, but charges same price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vwman62

Vwman62,

Thank you for staying with us; however I do apologize that your stay was not pleasurable. We do not have complimentary breakfast however we do provide breakfast in our restaurant as well as in our Market Place Deli. Eisenhower I is dated however we make every effort to provide a clean accommodating stay. Hopefully you will consider staying with us again. Perhaps you would like our much newer Eisenhower II building as an alternate option.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our room was in the Eisenhower I "wing" of this hotel. They have such potential with beautiful expansive grounds and an Arcade and Go cart track on site. The bedding and decor is dated, but clean. We also enjoyed the swimming pool and the fitness center. You can't beat the location if you don't like to stay right in town.

Room Tip: See if they are booking rooms in the newer wing. Eisenhower II.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Tumblwd1,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in Gettysburg. Dated we are however, we do offer ample amenities. We are delighted that you were able to take advantage of them. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

It seems many of the hotels in Gettysburg are rather battle weary and the Eisenhower is no different. It is dated and worn but clean and functional. If it were any place but Gettysburg I would not stay here but for Gettysburg...it is OK.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Brassmat,

Thank you for choosing us out of the many hotels in Gettysburg during your recent stay. We are located just out of town on amazing grounds; we strive to create the best experience for our guests. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

During the recent power and storm crisis, we managed to obtain a room at the Eisenhower with just a couple of hours' notice. I would have to agree with the other reviewers that the facility is quite dated and well-used, but was still very clean. The staff was helpful, and the amenities were as-promised. I would probably stay again, but only because it was such a good-priced and well-located hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Obsiam,

It was unfortunate to hear that you had to go through the power and storm issues. However, we are happy that we could be here to serve you and appreciate your feedback. We hope you come visit us again, only under different circumstances! 

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just returned from our annual trip to Gettysburg, stayed again at the Eisenhower, for location convenience only. This hotel has potential but as curretly run, it misses the target in so many ways: tired, stained carpets, peeling wallpaper, analog TVs, dreary decorating, etc. etc.
It isn't really dirty, just old and worn. There's nothing wrong with old, the White House is old and no one considers that a dump. It's just that the Eisenhower was done up cheaply to begin with and has not improved with age. Everything needs freshening and updating, from the shabby bathrooms (wrinkled pink shower curtains? Really?) to the worn bedspreads.
The hotel is spacious and there are nice touches, like the Tudor-style doors with brass kickplates. But the whole place needs a ten million dollar reno, minimum.
Front Desk staff is often rude or dismissive of guest concerns, this is such a constant that it has to be a reflection of Management. The Eisenhower is like an inn run by Great Uncle Tanoos without the gracious guiding hand of Great Aunt Tilly. There's no feeling of courteous welcome, of care and concern for the comfort of guests. The bare minimum will do, and don't complain if there's no hot water for a shower, just keep the water running till the water gets hot!
Our stay was OK, but only just. And I really feel for the employees who have to respond to TripAdvisor reviews with continued apologies for poor service and inadequate accommodation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer section are slightly better, but more expensive.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank StickyToffee

Sticky Toffee,

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent stay in Gettysburg! I would also like to thank you for your continued service with up most appreciation. Your comments were very clear and straight to the point and will be taken in a serious manner. We hope that you continue to choose us for your future accommodations.