“Excellent”

Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Murfreesboro
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

Large, spacious room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom - what else do you want?

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

I came and stayed with a big group, and on first site the room was fine. I took a nap and woke up to someone trying to enter my room. Apparently the front desk double bookeds my room, and when I called to let them know they sounded as though I were inconveniencing them and were rude. Then, I found a roach. The matress is pretty comfy but I am not diggin' the vibe.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda B

Travellers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Wakefield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

Worst hotel experience I have ever had. Staff was downright mean. The smell was sickening. Our room was not ready - up until even after 4:00 when they finally gave us a different room. We were put in the way back of the hotel (near the worker's smoking exit and dumpster) even when the rest of the place was practicaly empty. There are 2 buildings - in the first one we went to we could not find any employees. Another guest told us that the workers were in the other buiding and that they were on their way out to buy cleaning products so they could use thier bathroom! We had children and the paint was peeling so bad on the windows it was unbelievable. And the pool was so disgusting - we couldn't even let them use it. (see photo) The fitness room was a joke - well it wasn't funny. it had a chair that look like it came from a dumpster, an ancient bike and one weight machine. Between the dirt, the stank air and the rudeness of the staff I cannot believe this place is still in bussiness.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Exeter, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel was overpriced and horrible. The hallways smelled of stale perspiration. The website is definitely misleading. Our bathrooms were not clean. I do not appreciate strangers' pubic hair in my shower :O(
The only redeeming feature of the place was that the mattresses were firm and comfortable. The " newly refurbished" rooms ( which we had), seem to be a misnomer. Perhaps they were refurbished shortly after Abe Lincoln's actual Gettysburg Addess ! I would hate to see what the " unrefurbished rooms" look like.
A disappointing hotel. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hilary53
Darlington, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Each January, I go attend a Scrapbooking Weekend at the Eisenhower. This was my 4th stay at the Eisenhower. The first and second times were ok. The third time, I got hives from sleeping in the bed (I don't think the bed sheets were clean), and this time was much better! I prepared myself for the hives this time by dressing head to toe in heavy pajamas! ha ha So I'm not sure if that just prevented my hives, or the bed sheets were actually clean! The hotel does not have the best service. The front desk employees get confused easily, and you have to be really patient if you make any special requests or ask questions.

The restaurant has good food and I would recommend eating there atleast one night. There are also a lot of places that deliver in the area and a Friendly's down the street.

I'm not sure what the price is for this hotel without the scrapbooking weekend, but for my purpose, it's good enough (as long as I don't get the hives again)! I just wouldn't expect too much out of it.

• Stayed January 2010
Monkton, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

We stayed this past weekend at the Eisenhower Hotel for a scrabbooking convention and had a wonderful time. This year, we had rooms in the Eisenhower 2 section of the hotel and what a difference from last year when we were in Eisenhower 1. The rooms in Eisenhower 2 are spacious, newer, and include a microwave and small refrigerator. The decor in Eisenhower 1 is very dated and the rooms definitely need refurbishing. The rooms are smaller, hot water is an issue, and many people in our group complained that the electronic key cards were not working. If you stay at this hotel, please ask for rooms in the Eisenhower 2. The only true negative that we encountered was when we walked in our room. There were bags, a purse, and coats already in the room! Obviously, we had been given keys to a room that was already occupied. Thank goodness we are honest people and just walked out of the room and shut the door. This experience made me question the security of the hotel. How many other times has this happened? While the staff was basically apologetic for the mix-up, they could not offer us a viable explanation for this terrible breach of security. They also did not offer us anything to ease our discomfort as we waited an hour for them to find us a room.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank teritique
Charleston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

Very convenient location near the attractions but not so close as to be bothered by traffic or noise.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business